Views: 5355|Replies: 3

Is going to college worth it? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-8 14:29:37 |Display all floors
Going to college and graduating from a four year institution once meant being able to get a well-paid job after graduation and establishing a career field of your choice with benefits and growth.

But today, many college graduates are even unable to find a job and are struggling hard to make a living. In the time that we live in right now, do you believe going to college is still worth the cost? Why or why not?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-9 14:18:14 |Display all floors
Going to college is different from making millions. They are two independent things. I have seen people with best in class degrees and a very ordinary while others without college, some kind of agents or business owners and making millions.

How to make millions: Presence of mind, strong determination, hard work and some good luck. No matter you went to college or not.

Why to go college: Life is a series of challenges. From Getting born, growing up healthy, getting along with people, education, money, dreams, love, kids till successful retirement. Each of these challenge is harder than before. It keeps making you tougher for next challenge. You skip any of these challenge and not only you will regret it later but you may not be able to take harder challenges later.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-11 15:09:55 |Display all floors
I think i have made compromise on the reality.
In fact, I really regret going to college for a long time,especially when looking for work last year.If only I am born in a rich family, I could go abroad to study.But life is struggle.
I completely accept the fate and try my best to be a better man.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-11 15:20:22 |Display all floors
My college course was 3 years, looking back, the only thing I regret is not studying hard enough. I enjoyed my life too much, spending more time in bars and nightclubs then in the classroom. Obviously my grade was poor because of this.

after graduating, I found it hard to find a job in my field of study, mainly because of my poor grade, so i ended up going back to university to study for my Masters degree.

They say, "Knowledge is Power", i totally agree, though, i would add, this does not mean you have to go to university, there are many ways to gain knowledge, university is just one.
Mr. Daniel Walsh (BEng/工学学士, MSc/理学硕士)

E-Mail/电子邮箱: daniel_hs_walsh@hotmail.com
LinkedIN Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/danielhswalsh

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.