Views: 7419|Replies: 14

The confessions of an Economic Hit Man (EHM)   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-4 10:36:32 |Display all floors
According to Perkins, he began writing Confessions of an Economic Hit Man in the 1980s, but "threats or bribes always convinced [him] to stop."
According to his book, Perkins' function was to convince the political and financial leadership of underdeveloped countries to accept enormous development loans from institutions like the World Bank and USAID. Saddled with debts they could not hope to pay, those countries were forced to acquiesce to political pressure from the United States on a variety of issues. Perkins argues in his book that developing nations were effectively neutralized politically, had their wealth gaps driven wider and economies crippled in the long run.
Economic hit men (EHMs) are highly-paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. They funnel money from the World Bank, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and other foreign "aid" organizations into the coffers of huge corporations and the pockets of a few wealthy families who control the planet's natural resources. Their tools included fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex, and murder. They play a game as old as empire, but one that has taken on new and terrifying dimensions during this time of globalization.
In the book, Perkins repeatedly denies the existence of a "conspiracy." Instead, Perkins carefully discusses the role of corporatocracy.
The epilogue to the 2006 edition provides a rebuttal to the current move by the G8 nations to forgive Third World debt. Perkins charges that the proposed conditions for this debt forgiveness require countries to privatise their health, education, electric, water and other public services. Those countries would also have to discontinue subsidies and trade restrictions that support local business, but accept the continued subsidization of certain G8 businesses by the US and other G8 countries, and the erection of trade barriers on imports that threaten G8 industries.

The above article was chopped  from http://www.johnperkins.org then sticked  on this forum.

I bring chopsticks wherever I go as my private eating utensils and deadly secret weapons !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-4 10:44:12 |Display all floors
Rather interesting!

Perhaps the ZEN STATES and EU state managed to evade the MIGHT of the US$!
You might add, Americans are aided by the DOGS, PIGS, and MONKEYS of the technical, educational, state management in inferior states!

ha ha ha

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Enjoying retirement conversations

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-4 10:45:29 |Display all floors
Mr. George Soros.........

....is one of the MORE FAMOUS Economic Hit Man that we know publicly!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-4 10:54:25 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2012-5-4 10:45

You're absolutely right. He's the one who must be responsible for the financial crisis in 1997
I bring chopsticks wherever I go as my private eating utensils and deadly secret weapons !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-4 11:06:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by chopSTICKed at 2012-5-4 11:10
greendragon Post time: 2012-5-4 10:45

ehm ehm ehm..... anybody here know who else are the EHMs ?
The lucky one who can answer the above question will be rewarded or given a miraculous chopstick

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-4 11:21:51 |Display all floors
chopSTICKed Post time: 2012-5-4 11:06
ehm ehm ehm..... anybody here know who else are the EHMs ?
The lucky one who can answer the above q ...

I've read the book and most his calims stand on very thin air.......almost bordering a conspiracy theory. He mentions families like teh Roosvelt's.....fair enough they were powerful but other's that are not so famous were too.

As for his claim that he was placed by the NSA in a company, well that is close to a movie script. ANyone knows that the activities that the NSA engages in are nothing close to placing economists around.

Anyways, he does make some valid points throughout his book on how the big fortunes control some countries; either directly or thru corporations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-4 11:23:26 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2012-5-4 11:21
I've read the book and most his calims stand on very thin air.......almost bordering a conspiracy  ...

It's the DOGS, PIGS, and MONKEYS that giving all the problems for the weaker states!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.