Author: cd_moderator

Being the foreigner, the ticket to privilege?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-6 17:47:27 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2012-5-6 17:45
My bike was locked in front of the local police station as I was re-registering from traveling.
It g ...

YETS, I do feel with ya,
I was traveling with friends around Lancashire when their motorhome was gone from the driveway they parked for the night...
Srange things do happen, a bobby station right across the driveway there was...
while camping in S/France, I was told that every third motorhome was being broken into...
our own camper, in 6 months four brake in were attempted, thanks to my alarm system, in 40 years of motor homing, we never had a break in...
knock wood now...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-6 17:57:17 |Display all floors
Foreigners must pay tax in China after they've reached the tax threshold allowed them, of 4800 RMB/mth. Foreigners working/living in China usually, so I've heard (don't quote me on this though) from Chinese friends generally pay a ton more tax than Chinese nationals. In return, should we expect more? This is a conundrum I've often pondered. I think all crimes are equal, no matter who commits them and who is the victim. Crime is crime, period!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-6 18:18:38 |Display all floors
Americans Giving Up their U.S. Citizenship

Andy Sundberg, secretary of Geneva’s Overseas American Academy, shared that 1,780 expatriates gave up nationality at U.S. embassies last year, which is an increase from 235 in 2008. The number has increased so quickly that the embassy redeployed staff to clear the backlog of Americans queued to relinquish their passports.

Another reason Americans are ready to give up their passports is that many non-U.S. banks feel it’s too risky to deal with Americans abroad after the Birkenfeld and the U.S. probed USB and 11 other Swiss financial firms for aiding offshore tax evasion.

Due to difficulties acquiring accounts in some countries and facing taxes from the United States, Americans are deciding  that giving up their U.S. passports and relinquishing their citizenship is the right choice to make.

taken from;
http://www.gobankingrates.com/ta ... p-avoid-high-taxes/
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-5-7 08:50:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-5-7 08:52
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-5-6 17:57
Foreigners must pay tax in China after they've reached the tax threshold allowed them, of 4800 RMB/m ...

narrow within security concern, Chinese police have responsibilities to protect you from risk in China, even if you don't pay taxes in China.

However, here China\s government did too much more than enough.

For example: Fangzheng town story (heilongjiang)
our lovely local party (government) left Chinese national heroes' cemetery into garbage land, left Russian soldiers deserted and at the same time party leaders built grand cemetery for Japanese invaders of ww2.

Why? for 招商引资, for our lovely great party leaders' moving up their careers' ladder, the so called party leaders could break laws and break moral principles.

If you have money, if you are from a rich and powerful county, our so called party leaders would act like a maid. If you are poor Chinese, if you are from poor countries, our so called party leaders would probably do nothing.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-7 10:40:16 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-5-7 07:50
narrow within security concern, Chinese police have responsibilities to protect you from risk in C ...

I'm from neither a rich nor powerful country. I expect no deference from China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-9 18:00:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-5-6 18:21
You sound like s sour xenophobe with ulterior motives.

Those foreign visitors to China also pay  ...
Your post is hostile and senseless.

Expatriation on or after June 17, 2008, may cause an expatriate to be subject to IRC § 877A, which was enacted as part of the Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act (HEART) Act of 2008. Generally, IRC § 877A imposes income tax on the net unrealized gain on property held by certain U.S. citizens or green card holders who terminate their US residency as if their worldwide property had been sold for its fair market value on the day before the expatriation or residency termination (mark-to-market tax). The Treasury Department and IRS have authority to issue regulations under IRC § 877A

pasted from: http://www.taxmeless.com/USCitizenRenounce.htm

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.