Author: goldengrove

Chinese students: (Australian) 'Robbers called us Asian dogs'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-24 15:45:05 |Display all floors
here's a link to that quote

smh.com.au/national/this-city-is-so-dangerous-outrage-in-china-over-sydney-train-assault-20120424-1xiv4.html?skin=text-only
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 15:51:49 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-4-24 15:45
here's a link to that quote

smh.com.au/national/this-city-is-so-dangerous-outrage-in-china-over-syd ...

Thanks for the link. The story may be a little bit different. I still regard it as a "racial attack" or at least a random attack which turned into a racial attack.

I'm particularly disgusted by the woman saying "Rob them, they are Chinese. The are rich", which shows nothing but racial bias.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 15:55:09 |Display all floors
it happened before the Wolli Creek station, but the train stopped at that station after the attack, and then the victims got off at a later station, it seems
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 15:56:32 |Display all floors
the tweeter makes a point of saying nobody helped

I suspect everyone in that carriage was terrified

not many people know how to tackle six (or seven?) attackers

I've been attacked once this way but managed to get into a cab before the door was kicked
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 16:01:48 |Display all floors
Well the lovely Chinese contributors call us hogs, dogs, jackals, vultures, hyenas and Smithi has a few choice very individual insults too, so now they know that it's not nice to call people names, especially when you yourself are an anti-semitic racist little Nazi.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 16:07:52 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-4-24 15:56
the tweeter makes a point of saying nobody helped

I suspect everyone in that carriage was terrified ...

YOU COWARDS !!!!!!!!!!!! {:soso_e118:}{:soso_e111:}
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 16:08:47 |Display all floors
goldengrove Post time: 2012-4-24 17:51
Thanks for the link. The story may be a little bit different. I still regard it as a "racial attac ...

On the information so far, the primary motive was robbery. Anything from that point was intimidation and rage, I think.

The use of glass in the attack suggests they were openly drinking on the train. They used cigarettes to burn one guy. This suggests to me they were intoxicated, drinking and smoking on a train. Neither activity is allowed on our trains. They did not care for rules. They are clearly antisocial. They are also stupid. Doing this on a train guarantees you will be caught. They are all monitored.

The racist taunts are limited to "dogs and pussies", in a gang setting and they wanted money, presumably for drugs and/or more alcohol or possibly a taxi fare. It is clear enough that robbery was the objective and violence/intimidation the tool to get that money.

If this was a purely racial attack, it would not be this way. That's my view anyway.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.