Author: goldengrove

Survey: half of Chinese only read 'a little'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-25 12:42:33 |Display all floors
It is high time such stats are circulated among the nation and some people will scratch their pates and perhaps do something about it.

Even before the Internet started making its inroads in schools Chinese habits were conspicuous by not having the habit of reading anything fictional. The only literature most of them care for is hand books of the "How to get rich" variety and IELTS or TOEFL preparation textbooks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-25 13:22:35 |Display all floors
Reading more can broaden our eyes,Traditional reading plays an important role among Chinese people but  there are less and less students like to reading books, some of them are crazy about computer games. some like reading,but they do not read books besides using mobilephone. From my point of view that we should read more books,i think that is meaningful.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-25 16:15:37 |Display all floors
I like reading magazines, novels, newspapers and love stories.I don't like reading online or  reading on mobile phones.It will make my eyes overstrain. In that case,I can't find pleasure in readingd.  Fun of reading of avery kind of, should experience respective the worthiest thing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-25 16:40:20 |Display all floors
Reading is a important  way to improve our knowledge . if we read fiction we can know the culture of author
, if we read prose ,we can improve our literary attainments . Reading can give us too much. so ,wo should read more book when .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-25 17:57:10 |Display all floors
i read 5-10 books every year .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-25 17:57:39 |Display all floors
Umm there's two things, first, if you see someone reading, he must be in public area, either on transportation, or in library, i'm sure transportation is not best place for reading in china, but library, at least everytime i go there, finding a seat is never easy.

And also, book is best for if you stay at a specific place, and electronic device is best for transportation these are just tools ...books or kindle...i don't see why you would feel 'sad' for it?   it is the content you read really...not how you look to others when you hold a book in hand?

I once tried to read a book on subway once and it's worst experience, crowded, smelly, being pushed around by people even when you have a seat, people elbowing and struggling to fight for a seat next to you, nudging you....i don't know if i had the peaceful mood to concentrate
I also think so....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-25 18:16:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-23 21:18
It is high time such stats are circulated among the nation and some people will scratch their pates  ...

Seneca that was the ploy! Get them away from books as a reading man is a thinking one! Get them to obsess about money and like ants, will be pre occupied with making money and hence not have time to see the antics of the thieving leaders.

I am always shocked by the limited knowledge of most Chinese. It is just money and work, like a drone No arts, music, nothing.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.