Author: 468259058

What makes you proud to be Chinese?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-23 13:30:00 |Display all floors
My Chinese accent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-23 13:43:22 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-4-22 21:25
Am I either?
And if so, why be proud of something that is in no way one's own archeivement, rather ...

Nice post LCSULLA.

As if we have a choice about the location of the sperm and egg that made us - how can we be proud of that? Have you ever seen your parents screwing? Now be proud!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-23 13:47:54 |Display all floors
  1. China has a history of 5000 years.Not just that. among the four ancient civilirations, chinese civilisation is the only unbroken one.Chinese civilization is one of the oldest in the world.China is a great civilization, a great power, and a great nation.I'm proud of  Chinese civilization.
Copy code
There was no China 5000 years ago - just a load of warring tribes. What about China's rule by Manchurians and Mongols? Surely that broke up the 5000 years.

Interesting to note though that before 5000 years ago, there was no land mass here. Did it just spring from the ground with already grown people and culture.

No country has a 5000 year history. The whole modern map is just another shifting series of imaginary lines made by devious minds, drawn there to make stupid peasants patriotic and nationalistic, which really are the two worst crimes possible by the unthinking masses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-23 14:41:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-4-23 16:14
You have been badly missed in this forum!

Big hand for you. Thanks for coming back!

Cheers seneca! The comment about individual sovereignty was too hard to resist. I think there are a few supporters of totalitarianism here, with more or less free rein. Smithi is the present cheerleader. Robert and saltyballs are dancing next to him with the pom poms.

In the background, the twat with a hundred handles (Wang) and a few others are trying to drown out any fledgling common sense with their vuvuzelas.

Timbatu can't make his mind up. I think he snookered himself.

To quote Friedrich von Hayek:

We shall not grow wiser before we learn that much that we have done was very foolish.

Smithi would do well to learn some good Jewish wisdom.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-23 14:45:30 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-4-23 14:41
Cheers seneca! The comment about individual sovereignty was too hard to resist. I think there are  ...

Your last sentence explains pretty well, if it was not clear enough, why you be-friend the old goat!

It's been good while you weren't here......I suppose we will have to put up again with your bad breath again! Dough!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-23 14:59:22 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2012-4-23 16:45
Your last sentence explains pretty well, if it was not clear enough, why you be-friend the old goa ...

This reminds me of a very old guy, who I respect a lot. He once said, "I am not too proud to learn from anyone".

It stayed with me.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-23 15:06:50 |Display all floors
The history of Western thought has many Jewish luminaries, many pivotal. I think it is sheer idiocy to close a door on great wisdom.   
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.