Post time 2012-4-20 12:34:59 |Display all floors
Indifferent

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-20 14:09:19 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-4-19 19:59
I prefer Pizza Hut

then ,let Pizza hut do the sponsorship , most people will approve , i guess
Il heurt de jouer avec le ciel .

follow your heart, touch your dream ,be yourself .dude !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-21 02:05:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by matt605 at 2012-4-21 23:50

Yes, it's okay for McDonald's to sponor the Olympics.

McDonald's has been a sponsor of the Olympics for a long, long time.  In 1984, they were the sponsor of the Summer Games held in Los Angeles.  They devised a wonderful way for customers to win.  With each purchase, you would receive a game piece that had the name of an American Olympic Team Member.  If your team member won a Gold Medal, then you would win a free large sandwich (Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, etc.).  If Silver, then you win a small sandwich (cheeseburger, fish, or hamburger).  If Bronze, then you would win french fries or a hot apple or cherry pie.  Everything was working out as planned.

Then, the ghost of 1980 returned.  In 1980, President Jimmy Carter canceled American participation in the Moscow Games to retaliate against the USSR for invading Afghanistan in December 1979 (I was sure I would be drafted, but that's a different post).  Anyway, to retaliate, the Soviets canceled their participation in the Los Angeles Games.

Without Soviet and Eastern Europe athletes to compete against, Americans won a tremendous number of medals.  China is a great competitior these days, but in those days China was just awakening to the Olympic Games.  I happened to be in college that summer and was always looking for a good deal.  One day, I bought a lunch at McDonald's.  Every time I redeemed a winning game piece, I received another game piece with my hamburger, fries, or pie, and it would be a winning game piece too.   I ate free food there in one form or another for weeks.  

While Americans who were in top physical condition were winning gold, silver, and bronze medals at the Olympic Games, the average American consumer was winnning free fast food for every athletic victory!  I must have gained 10 pounds during the Los Angeles Summer Olympic Games.

The Soviets had gotten even.

龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 12:20:32 |Display all floors
matt605 Post time: 2012-4-21 02:05
Yes, it's okay for McDonald's to sponor the Olympics.

McDonald's has been a sponsor of the Olympic ...

It's like people are saying, "Yeah, it's junk food, but I'm loving it"
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 12:20:58 |Display all floors
can't do anything about it, can we?
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-23 13:45:14 |Display all floors
I would like to share this article about McDonald's and many other American companies selling what is called "pink slime."  I don't know if Chinese citizens have been aware of this, but I think it iis good to be informed:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/bu ... QAIf5XVT_story.html

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.