Author: liuyedao

Foreign job-seekers flock into China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-19 13:34:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by questioner at 2012-4-19 13:40

Have you ever wondered why the China Daily forum has a reputation for being racist, xenophobic and hate-filled? Just look at what you people have written in the first few responses to an article about foreigners coming to China! And not one positive comment or even a neutral observation on what is happening. Just the spewing of endless hate.

- alien parasites eating porridge (chi ruan fan)
- western supremacists
- sending spies, provocators and fake Chinese into China.
- spreading lies about China by manipulating translation, distorting facts and misleading conclusions
- they are simply spies and get information about how Chinese business works, and pass them back to their home countries...

Oh, and I almost forgot. Foreigners have a bad attitude towards the Chinese, right Starfruit? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-19 15:20:36 |Display all floors
It actually reminds me of a popular Chinese saying "人傻, 钱多, 速来".

If you know Chinese, you know what it means.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-19 16:52:13 |Display all floors
goldengrove Post time: 2012-4-19 15:20
It actually reminds me of a popular Chinese saying "人傻, 钱多, 速来".

If you know Chinese, you kn ...

I don't understand your post in reference to the chinese saying; do you mean that the foreigners that come to China are stupid?

The saying: Ren sha, qian duo, su lai! (Stupid people and easy money come quick!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-19 16:59:26 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2012-4-19 16:52
I don't understand your post in reference to the chinese saying; do you mean that the foreigners t ...

No, you got it totally wrong! It's a saying that Chinese constantly employ to mock themselves! (Half-jockingly and half-serious.)

So it means " (We Chinese) ren sha, qian duo, (you foreigners) su lai."

Only a joke, and don't take it too serious.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-19 17:02:30 |Display all floors
goldengrove Post time: 2012-4-19 16:59
No, you got it totally wrong! It's a saying that Chinese constantly employ to mock themselve ...

Yeah now I get it. I know the syaing very well.....I use it frequently to be honest with you! We like to joke in between colleagues in the office when we talk money

I also know some Chinese think most of the foreigners are rich!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-19 17:06:34 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2012-4-19 17:02
Yeah now I get it. I know the syaing very well.....I use it frequently to be honest with you! We l ...

Yeah, we do think most foreigners are rich. At least they earn more money than most Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-4-19 19:30:12 |Display all floors
I cannot speak for foreigners who come from western countries but there are hundreds, if not thousands, who came and still come from Japan. Many of them are young people but the majority is in their 50s or 60s. They decided to give up a boring pensioner's life in Japan and found new activities in Chinese companies, mainly in the Pearl- River Delta, Eastern China and Dalian. They are highly skilled people who are not looking for well paid managerial posts but want to actively contribute in the manufacturing-, software sector etc. I understand that they are liked by their new employers and that they contribute to China's development.

As strangely as it sounds - not all Japanese are worshiping Ishihara and his cohorts and a large number is also not afraid of China's rise.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.