Author: firstcause

Record number renounces US citizenship: IRS   [Copy link] 中文

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-17 21:45:28 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-4-17 21:40
'Public defenders ? That's if you're poor and, if you're poor, you do not pay taxes...'

Right, an ...
'but obviously the money that should go toward primary education should go elsewhere'

How does that make sense?

My bad, I meant obviously the money that should go toward primary education is going elsewhere.

'the USA do not have social programs or medical care. It's just cosmetic'

Put the crack pipe down MisterPanda....I have benefited from those social programs.  My mother is on Medicare, and my children are all receiving pell grants and assistance for college such as subsidized child care.

Well, when you've been spoonfed with the French social security, any system that will ask you to pay up to 2000 USD for a flu is not considered social security. You might have a little something to help people in huge financial distress. We help EVERYBODY regardless of their income. True social security.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-17 21:46:29 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-4-17 21:40
'Public defenders ? That's if you're poor and, if you're poor, you do not pay taxes...'

Right, an ...

By the way, I am not saying taxes are not legitimate, I believe in paying taxes, I just don't understand why one should have to pay taxes twice. Seems pretty unfair to me.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 21:57:05 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 22:09:02 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2012-4-17 21:37
Seems to suck to me.

If you not a U.S resident it's hardly fair paying U.S taxes.

Thanks, I've paid taxes in others Countries which is fair. However, I disagree with the Chinese Retirement tax now imposed. I will not live here forever and there are exclusions to minimize US income tax. We are getting off-topic, the reason Peter renounced was because he felt listing joint accounts with his wife was unjustified. Had he contacted the IRS or spoke with an accountant they would've advised him properly, but he went off the deep end waving flags and claiming persecution.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 22:10:44 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-4-17 21:39
The 50-years Basic Laws agreement says I can't apply for a mainland passport.
No matter since my ' ...

What the hell does ba na na mean, I see it often on CD?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 22:15:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 22:34:50 |Display all floors
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to start a feud or flame war. I never would have guessed that was what ppl meant or were talking about.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.