Author: lindasun0102

What's your opinion on Chinglish?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-12 19:24:26 |Display all floors
Maybe some phrases get popular and some words too.  But we should not encourage it to be known as Chinglish.
A friend of mine told me that a foreigner once laughed at her poor english calling it as Chinglish....which basically means Chinese English
if you can be happy with what you have, dont wait for more

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-12 20:34:02 |Display all floors
I think this is a culture exchange between the two languages. Like the word "kowtow", which not exist in english ,it is a common word in chinese ,but  is used by foreigners.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-12 20:48:55 |Display all floors
The world is chaning dramasticlly. Language is no exception. But every language should change to be better rather than make a foreign language localized.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-13 00:46:50 |Display all floors
sunnylin01 Post time: 2012-4-12 17:22
I wish mandarin would become international language in the near future. Then we would not bother l ...

Realistically Mandarin will never be an international language since it doesn't use an alphabet. The only way mandarin could become an international language would be if China would adopt definitively pinyin over characters.

And, personnally, I think it would be a great loss.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-13 08:39:32 |Display all floors
lindasun0102 Post time: 2012-4-12 13:56
Some Chinglish phrases or expressions may make their way into English vocabulary, and become Engli ...

well , i dont think Chinese english and Chinglish are the same
Whose @$$ can i blow sunshine up today ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-13 10:03:51 |Display all floors
The basic purpose of language is communication. If Chinglish can be understood well no matter by Chinese or any other in the world, then why not. Language develops as well as the society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-13 11:55:21 |Display all floors
as the influnce of china become more and more wide, chinglish will be accepted by more and more people.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.