Author: desperado123

Why US TV series are so popular in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-2 22:07:21 |Display all floors
Yes many people like TV Serials.  Its like waiting and waiting to watch something but actually watch more of advertisements.  Finally the producers laugh all their way to the bank and we waste our time over it.  Some go on for months....some go on for years.  We become old, but the actors are still young.
Wait.....before the supporters start screaming at me,  i would say,,,,you'll can watch.  its none of my business

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-6 00:33:10 |Display all floors
I don't like to see the TV dramas.On one hand,the dramas are too long.I don't want to see that in front of the TV every day.In other words,I don't have the patience of that.On the other hand,the gorgeous dramas make me crazy.Once I fall in love with it,I can't control myself.So,I like the movies better.However, the dramas are close to the life.In the pressure of the life,People can find themself in it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-7 00:49:07 |Display all floors
Why US TV series are so popular in china? I am also quite interested in this question, I am fond of Hollywood science and action movie ,on the basis of the materials I search on the internet, I found the reasons are as follows

1、The American movie industry started quite earlier than others countries and developed at increasingly rapid rates ,so it made US the first audience earlier ahead of other countries ,and it occupied quite part of the world movie market , laying the firmly foundation of the subsequent development of US movies .

2、They were catering to the psychological need of the audience, they’d been doing many researches of the psychology and need among different range of ages and areas of people, in other words, they were catering to people’s pleasure, so they could occupy the wide film market rapidly and successfully .take Hollywood for instance, Hollywood’s film had met every age of people, grasped the ‘depth collective psychology’ of the audience, aroused the interest and enjoyment of people by means of programmed plots ,typed characters ,and the high-tech technology made it becomes possibly the grand、complex filmset and highly difficult movements and stunt ,then the movies are more fantastic and highly entertaining .

3、The movie industry had formed more complete system, the western movie developed with a clear assignment of responsibilities and duties among producers, directors and actors, by comparison with the other areas around the world. Oppositely, our country’s film maker must care the movie in his hand all the moments, including the preliminary organizational work, interim shoot and the last publicity, they hardly have the chance to show their respective talent.

4、Western have lots of well-know talented directors and actors, such as James Francis Cameron 、Steven Allan Spielberg、Tom cruise and Nicholas Cage .it becomes the important link that western movies are popular around the world.

5、Western thought is rarely unshackled .with the open mind atmosphere, it gives birth to many excellent literary outputs, so the western movies can draw materials from wide ranges, meanwhile, the means of expression is varied and graceful.

6、The contents of works are full of parts of fantasy. There are a large number of descriptions about the future in the western works, they are more attractive for young people compare to ordinary narrative films.
7、The film makers may have a good capital source in economically developed areas, it can provide funds support for film-making.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-7 22:10:58 |Display all floors
Well, I like american dramas too, I saw many of them, I think recently many styles have been developed.

The reason it is popular in china now is that it is fresh in genre, some of them never seen in china, like Bones, True blood.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-8 08:55:13 |Display all floors
895568809 Post time: 2012-4-9 17:49
vampire dairy and nijita are so worth to watching !

Vampire Diary is good at the beginning, but now, it's tediously long.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-9 13:16:14 |Display all floors
I think foreigners are really good at humor and Friends is absolutely classical.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-11 15:32:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Amy_Kyo at 2012-5-11 15:33

I heard Big Bang and Prison Break  from my classmates who like both of that very much, but I was interested in neither of them. I have to say that I watch American or British  TV drama or films , for the most part , because I want to improve my English, oral english and the listening. I don't think most of their TV series are meaningful, thought i can not deny that some are great. But compared with American TV series or  films , I think some of  british TV drama and films are  good for us to know the british cultures more and deeper. It might due to their long history which is totally different from American history.

On the other hand, the us films or tv drama help us know the advanced technology well. We need to say the American skills at making moves are high. And of course, they are many other advantages on their works, at least , they help us relax after a long day's work.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.