Author: desperado123

Why US TV series are so popular in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-16 17:19:35 |Display all floors
Because the are way more interesting than the usual "historical"/war/soaps on Chinese tv!
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 08:28:17 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2012-4-16 17:19
Because the are way more interesting than the usual "historical"/war/soaps on Chinese tv!

Jesus, you know too much! =)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 15:47:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pantarhei at 2012-4-17 15:50

I'd say it is because America has very big entertainment industry. So many series are pitched for funds. Loads of them actually make it to production. And then most of them a chopped from air before all episodes are shown. Some of the series that survive are the ones we like so much.So if Chinese like them it must be that the Chinese like similar series as the American viewers do ;)

"what do the viewers want?"  is the way in america. "How can I best get government funds?" is the way of the series industry in my country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 17:27:56 |Display all floors
pantarhei Post time: 2012-4-17 15:47
I'd say it is because America has very big entertainment industry. So many series are pitched for fu ...

do you mean the US gives what the audience want to watch and China gives what "benefit" audience?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 17:52:55 |Display all floors
desperado123 Post time: 2012-4-17 17:27
do you mean the US gives what the audience want to watch and China gives what "benefit" audience?

I mean the industry is based around trying to guess what their viewers want and then make it. Most fail, some do okay and a couple become huge successes. Chinese probably aren't too different from Americans. So naturally the most successful American shows will be popular among Chinese as well.

I didn't mention China because I have little knowledge about it. But my own country is tainted by government funds for series that air on the state tv. No economic reasoning behind the funding what so ever. So the funds go to the most pretentious director out there with no regard for entertainment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-18 10:41:58 |Display all floors
pantarhei Post time: 2012-4-17 17:52
I mean the industry is based around trying to guess what their viewers want and then make it. Most ...

yes, exactly. you perhaps from S. Korea or Japan I guess.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-18 14:24:16 |Display all floors
desperado123 Post time: 2012-4-18 10:41
yes, exactly. you perhaps from S. Korea or Japan I guess.

Far from it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.