Views: 7892|Replies: 25

How do you encourage yourself when life is unfair to you?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-8 21:58:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by freetofly at 2012-4-8 21:59

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-740571-1-1.html

I just read the above thread about the 12-year–old girl who has to take care of her father by herself alone.

Why is life so unfair? God has given her more to do than she have time or energy to do

This girl is unlucky, but she is strong. She is still a little girl and she just takes what the fate hand her

If I am her parents, I prefer not to have her in this world. When she grows up, she will realize that even she struggles for the whole life, she will be rewarded much less. On the contrary, if one were born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he can get everything he wants beyond the majority of other kids’ imagination.

There are injustices. There are minor issues, such as your colleague just got a promotion, or somebody just bought a bigger house, your classmate earned much more money than you although he is neither intelligent nor diligent. Also there are some huge ones. Somebody’s kid is diagnosed as infantile autism, the prevalence of which is just 0.05% He just got cancer and suddenly he is sentenced to death although he is still young. He has been misjudged as a murder and been in the prison for almost the whole life. He lost his sight after the car accident…Sometimes, we just want an ordinary and dignified life, and that is too much.

How do you encourage yourself when life might be a bit unfair to you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-9 10:02:16 |Display all floors
For starters, you have to accept that life has never been fair. More important, how do you perceive the injustice? Do you take it on the chin and even regard it as a blessing in guise? Or do you just let the resentment grow in your head, do nothing, and languish till you die?

Full admiration for the brave girl. She can't choose her parents, but she can choose how to live her life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-9 13:48:05 |Display all floors
if i had struggled,i believe i will achieve my aim sooner or later

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-9 17:01:09 |Display all floors
I know several people who made it from zero to hero - they had nothing and managed to become increadibly wealthy. Those people have several similiarities in thinking which I think may help a lot:

1) They don't blame things on their background and don't complain. They believe that god gave them those burden to shoulder and those problems to solve because he believes that they are strong enough to do so - not as a punishment (if they are christian). In the case of buddhists, they believe that each and every disaster in their life is a growth opportunity - every problem, no matter how fierce, will ultimately push you forward if you face it.

2) They do what they believe in. The little girl helps her parents because she believes in love. Some others found their companies because they believe in their idea or vision. You can never succeed if you only believe in money - so don't believe in money, rather do something that you believe the world really needs.

3) Take responsibility. Don't ask whose fault your current situation is - because finding someone to blame won't solve anything anyway and people always try to do their best, so love them even for their weaknesses. Just ask what you could do to improve your life and the lives of the people around you a little. Even tiny things might already have huge impact and make people feel save and loved - the foundation for them to succeed in life. For a child, that means helping parents at home (not because of being forced, but just for the sake of helping the parents). For a father that means being patient and shoulder the problems of the family even if he's tired after work. For a mother that means being empathic and not needy and keep the house nice, even if others sometimes have a bad mood and create a bad atmosphere. For a worker that means doing the job well, even if the boss is stupid. In the end, you're not doing those things just for the people around you. You're doing them for god, the universe and ultimately to make the world a better place.

4) Accept failure. Don't beat yourself up on mistakes you've made in the past and accept that others also do make mistakes and don't want to harm you. Your husband or dad goes out to drink and gamble every night? Don't be angry at him for that. Listen to his gambling experience and show interest in his life, even if you think that he isn't perfect. After a few months, he will feel more supported by his family than his gambling friends and spend more time at home. He will start taking care of the family's needs and understand that even if he fails, he will still be loved. Ultimately, this will make the family much happier - and most likely wealthier, too.

Most important of all, however, is to develop yourself. Understand that the brain is a muscle that can be consciously trained.

Those instructions won't necessarily make you super rich or the like - but I gurantee you that they'll make your life happier.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-9 17:08:42 |Display all floors
the ice melts from the coldest day.
get busy living ,or get busy dying

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-9 23:27:39 |Display all floors
Thought I was not the worst and tomorrow was a new day

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-9 23:39:53 |Display all floors
i will put myself into music,,,because i think when i am upset. music would be inspire me~~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.