Views: 19644|Replies: 83

China - The Great 2 Faced Nation   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-6 08:34:53 |Display all floors
Here is a perfect recent example of China's problems in it's development.

The government sacked Bo Xilai, an old traditional communist with hardcore values, in a bid to continue its reform and opening up policy (or at least attempt to "show" that they are reforming and opening up if nothing else)

The government, straight after doing this, then ammends a law giving them the right to now detain so-called dissidents for "national security" reasons without informing their families.

These 2 examples pretty much perfectly sum up the development stage China is currently at.

Reform and open up in the left hand...

Crack down and close the door again in the right hand...

left hand, right hand, left hand, right hand, swinging from one to the other, constantly, back and forth!

There will be many more similar examples like this for many more years (probably decades) to come as the government continues to reform, then gets all scared and paranoid about losing power and quickly swings back the other way again.

The great 2 faces of China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 11:02:02 |Display all floors
This reminds me about an ugly duckling in Asia, Australia.

This nation is ruled by whites who came from another continent and now rules over a mass land that belongs to Aborigines.

Then the Christian whites "liberate" the aborigines by separating (kidnapping) aborigine babies from their parents and insist that it's the only way to provide them better life. When in fact this policy to stupefy minorities are effective enough to prevent the natives to claim their land back, the European latecomers became the master in that land.

But that's not enough, now they keep "liberating" Afghans and Iraqis using WMDs in their hands.

It's the colonial gweilo's 2 faced policy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 11:27:15 |Display all floors
would you like to give me a "recent" specific example of the Australian government showing a two faced attitude? or would you like me to go back 100 years like you have and start quoting from the cultural revolution and the great leap forward. I'm talking about moving towards the future.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-4-6 11:50:51 |Display all floors
All nations in the world will detain a dangerous and active dissident for national security reasons my naive little friend.
Take the U.S. .. the supposed land of the free, home of the brave.
A new law allows the military to indefinitely detain anyone, even a citizen, without charges.
If you take this as being two faced then I'm afraid you are going to have a tough time finding a country that
suits your dreamy ideals little fellow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ACB NEWS
By Yunji de Nies
Dec 31, 2011 3:14pm
With Reservations, Obama Signs Act to Allow Detention of Citizens

In his last official act of business in 2011, President Barack Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act
from his vacation rental in Kailua, Hawaii. In a statement, the president said he did so with reservations about key
provisions in the law — including a controversial component that would allow the military to indefinitely detain
terror suspects, including American citizens arrested in the United States, without charge.

The legislation has drawn severe criticism from civil liberties groups, many Democrats, along with Republican
presidential candidate Ron Paul, who called it “a slip into tyranny.” Recently two retired four-star Marine generals
called on the president to veto the bill in a New York Times op-ed, deeming it “misguided and unnecessary.”

“Due process would be a thing of the past,” wrote Gens Charles C. Krulak and Joseph P. Hoar. “Current law empowers the
military to detain people caught on the battlefield, but this provision would expand the battlefield to include the
United States – and hand Osama bin Laden an unearned victory long after his well-earned demise.”

The president defended his action, writing that he signed the act, “chiefly because it authorizes funding for the
defense of the United States and its interests abroad, crucial services for service members and their families, and
vital national security programs that must be renewed.”

Senior administration officials, who asked not to be named, told ABC News, “The president strongly believes that to
detain American citizens in military custody infinitely without trial, would be a break with our traditions and values
as a nation, and wants to make sure that any type of authorization coming from congress, complies with our
Constitution, our rules of war and any applicable laws.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 12:13:03 |Display all floors
Bao deserves to be cracked down as well as his fellows, but the joking part is Wang lijun looking for polital protection from US embassy in Sichuan.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 14:17:21 |Display all floors
middleway Post time: 2012-4-6 11:27
would you like to give me a "recent" specific example of the Australian government showing a two fac ...

stolen generation saga is fairly recent history dear.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-6 14:21:24 |Display all floors
I do not think you can call China 'two faced' for adopting the Patriot Act.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.