Author: satsu_jin

Tibetans on the move to embrace modern life   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-2 11:47:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by fredius at 2012-4-2 11:49

Of course I could give a call to get an answer if it bothers you to discuss your post...
"Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world." [Napoleon Bonaparte about China]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-4-2 12:29:58 |Display all floors
fredius Post time: 2012-4-2 12:47
Of course I could give a call to get an answer if it bothers you to discuss your post...

Look at your first reply with the 'little houise on the prairie' comment. Don't be surprised if people react to nonsense as I did.

Yes, I've heard about the closing of 'unofficial' schools in Beijing although the only explanation I have is that they were not officially authorized to teach pupils (not sure if this is the only one).

Afaik, all schools in and around Chengdu, where Tibetan children attend school en masse, are legitimate schools which kids from all nationalities can attend as long as they live in Chengdu. I remember to have read somewhere recently that Sichuan is a shining example of good education policy. This was on the web. If I find it again, I give you the URL.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-2 12:50:27 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-4-2 12:29
Look at your first reply with the 'little houise on the prairie' comment. Don't be surprised if pe ...

Look at your first reply with the 'little house on the prairie' comment.
It was just a bit of cynism to show how sceptical I was after reading the original post and also to provoke some reaction.
Don't hesitate to send me this article if you can find it back. Thanks
"Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world." [Napoleon Bonaparte about China]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-2 16:49:30 |Display all floors
it's very smart, just as one saying goes, “give a man a fish, you have fed him for today, but teach a man to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime”.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-2 16:56:53 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-4-2 12:29
Look at your first reply with the 'little houise on the prairie' comment. Don't be surprised if pe ...

If this is true about the schools in Chengdu then they are the only ones in China like that.  All other cities in China require hukou for public schools.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-8 05:03:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by FreddyAguilar at 2012-4-8 05:05

China Said to Detain Returning Teabetan Pilgrims
D H A R A M S A L A ,   I n d ia  

Hundreds of Teabetans who attended an important B uddhist ceremony in January in India have been detained without charge by Chinese s ecurity o fficers on their return to Teabet, according to family members and friends living in e xile in India, international   h u m a n    r i g h t s   g r o u p s    and officials with the Teabetan e xile g overnment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-8 05:07:02 |Display all floors
just google for it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.