Author: satsu_jin

Tibetans on the move to embrace modern life   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-31 16:49:20 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2012-3-31 16:36
this is good news
it can only lead to better understanding for all.Higher education and more oppurtu ...

Who seriously believe that the TBTs can access Sichuan's public schools without Hukou... come on... More I read this article, more I believe it's too good to be true...
"Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world." [Napoleon Bonaparte about China]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-4-1 11:15:37 |Display all floors
fredius Post time: 2012-3-31 17:49
Who seriously believe that the TBTs can access Sichuan's public schools without Hukou... come on.. ...
  1. Who seriously believe ..........
Copy code
You know the proverb - and for you I quote it in German:

glauben heisst - nicht wissen     or to believe means NOT to know.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-1 12:39:34 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-4-1 11:15
You know the proverb - and for you I quote it in German:

glauben heisst - nicht wissen     or to  ...

So... let's say that you ask people to believe in an article with unsourced statements.
And let's say we all know that chinese, whoever they are from, cannot access whatever public school they want without the proper Hukou.
"Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world." [Napoleon Bonaparte about China]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-4-2 08:13:02 |Display all floors
# 17

How about you invest in a phone call to one of these schools?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-2 09:36:26 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-4-2 08:13
# 17

How about you invest in a phone call to one of these schools?

Excuse me??? Are you seriously asking me to check out by myself the truth about what you published?
haha...
Isn't it your responsibility as a medal winner and VIP member to show example and some seriousness, to give your sources and to assume your posts?? How about not posting whatever story you like if you cannot handle critics or reconsideration?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-4-2 11:10:22 |Display all floors
fredius Post time: 2012-4-2 10:36
Excuse me??? Are you seriously asking me to check out by myself the truth about what you published ...

My responsibility.... because you are too lazy to search for it?

Ok, there was a forum recently held by the China Tibetology Research Center. I quote here a reply from
Mrs. Li Jin, deputy director of the Institute for Ethnic Studies of Sichuan Province, to a question addressed to her:

Q:  Are they (Tibetans) free to move anywhere they want?

Li: The hukou system can't stop people from moving freely.

Actually many Tibetan who moved to Sichuan don't have a local hukou. According to government policy, students are not allowed to take the College Entrance Examination in the city where they receive education unless they hold a local hukou. In this case, Tibetans are taking advantage of the policy. They receive better education in the city (here: Chengdu) , and then go home, where the system favors ethnic minority students, to take an easier exam.

I hope it is clear now. If you read the original text once again, it doesn't state anything else.

For further questions pls. contact the relevant authorities in Sichuan province.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-2 11:46:48 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-4-2 11:10
My responsibility.... because you are too lazy to search for it?

Ok, there was a forum recently h ...

Thanks for this ... at last!
I hope you understand that for some of us, the article's credibility is directly linked to the source.
So here is a question : if migrant workers in Beijing cannot access the local free public schools (you've certainly heard about the massive closing of "unofficial" schools in Beijing which makes me believe that you need a local hukou to enjoy a legal access to the public system, but I could be wrong) , why could TBT kids enter public school in Chengdu without a Hukou from Sichuan?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.