Author: DSseeing

China to abolish organ transplant from executed prisoners   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-26 22:20:31 |Display all floors
Transhumanism Post time: 2012-4-27 00:00
I agree: skin color does not matter; but race does.
I disagree: individual solutions is something practiced by whites (high individualism).  But, China is a more collectivist society, so collectivist actions are more acceptable to East Asians.

The truth is that collectivism and individualism exist together in all societies and fluctuate over time.

Both are advantageous depending on the circumstances.

But both are there for a reason.

You only need to depend on your "group" when government does not look after you.

But also, there are dangers in government taking too much responsibility. There is no free lunch.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 22:20:57 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-4-26 22:12
Well, in the matters of science, the only thing that matters is whether or not they are recognized ...

I disagree: science is sometimes influenced by politics.  There are some things scientists cannot say because it is considered highly controversial.  For example, in white countries, it is very politically unacceptable for scientists to make certain claims about race, gender, and behavior.  Coming to certain politically unacceptable conclusions could lead to you losing your job.  Consider the Nobel Prize winning James Watson who co-discovered the structure of DNA.  Well, a few years ago he made the claim that different races could not have evolved equal cognitive abilities due to such diverse environments in which they evolved; he lost his job and all public respect for making this claim.  Now, instead of being remembered as a great man who discovered the DNA structure, he will be remembered as a Satanic person.  So, most brain scientists remain silent on certain sensitive issues.  Only a few decide to be open about it and face the consequences.  
I am NOT Chinese, and I do NOT live in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 22:21:56 |Display all floors
Transhumanism Post time: 2012-4-27 00:03
I too agree that law-abiding Chinese people should not be killed for organs; but, I support usin ...
I too agree that law-abiding Chinese people should not be killed for organs; but, I support using the bodies of executed criminals for organs and science.

I think this situation makes killing easier.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 22:23:33 |Display all floors

No, race does not matter. It is strange that China calls itself communist but is 91-93% Han.

Race does not matter except in belief.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 22:25:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lebeast at 2012-4-27 00:26
By eliminating psychopathology genes, we can reduce illegal intra-societel killing.  Inter-societal killing, such as in war, on the other hand is something I support for China, if war is indeed justified.

The genes are actually useful in certain circumstances and an attempt at "genetic hygiene" will fail because of unintended consequences.

It is much more practical to concentrate on early childhood development, with a viewpoint of diversity=strength.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-26 22:27:37 |Display all floors
Transhumanism Post time: 2012-4-26 22:20
I disagree: science is sometimes influenced by politics.  There are some things scientists cannot  ...

I agree with you that science is influenced by politics, the most famous example is certainly Galileo !

However, I do believe much more in the social bagage than in some kind of genetic baggage considering behaviour.

Human beings are before everything mammals, and no mammal is born bad. We just become bad.

Maybe the answer is in philosophy and not in science. Jean-Jacques Rousseau said "all humans are born good, it is society that perverts them".

If we follow your logic, the criminals are not responsible for their acts as they had no choice but to behave the way they did. In which case punishing them makes no sense. This is why I can't abide by your logic.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 22:31:44 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-4-26 22:23
No, race does not matter. It is strange that China calls itself communist but is 91-93% Han.

Ra ...

Race matters: it is the reason Africa is Africa and China is China.  Race has practical consequences in the world.  

If your argument is that race should have no place in the West, I agree: I support multiculturalism for the West.  I am only talking about what I think is best for China.
I am NOT Chinese, and I do NOT live in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.