Author: DSseeing

China to abolish organ transplant from executed prisoners   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-26 21:52:24 |Display all floors
as for the topic, it is truly horrifying to think of a world where people are killed for a profit by removing their organs, but this is happening in China and is heavily censored
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 21:58:07 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-4-26 21:41
You do realize psychopathy is not a genetic trait ? Just like genius is not a genetic trait (ask B ...

Do your genes make you a criminal?        http://www.independent.co.uk/new ... iminal-1572714.html
THERE is nothing new about the notion that criminals are born rather than made; it has cropped up repeatedly over the past century in the continuing debate over nature versus nurture.
The Danish twin study has cross-checked criminal records for pairs of identical and non-identical twins to compare their fate. The broad conclusion is that a Danish man with an identical twin who has a criminal record is about 50 per cent more likely to have been in prison himself compared with the average Danish male. Non-identical twins are between 15 and 30 per cent more likely to both have criminal records.

I do not believe crime is genetically connected,
drugs, wars and guns, and the believe that it's natural to kill after you return home from Iraq, Afghanistan just to mention some of Americas numerous theater's of operations around the world is more to blame as genes...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 22:00:49 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-4-26 21:46
Firstly, you need to intellectually divorce yourself from the colour of skin.

Next, understand th ...
Firstly, you need to intellectually divorce yourself from the colour of skin.

I agree: skin color does not matter; but race does.

Next, understand the science of violence. Violence is partly innate disposition, partly memory (which is what we call personality), partly situational context and finally, partly the decision made at the time.

By eliminating psychopathology genes, we can reduce illegal intra-societel killing.  Inter-societal killing, such as in war, on the other hand is something I support for China, if war is indeed justified.

We can cooperate to find a better way, but this must happen at an individual level.

Therefore the solutions are within ourselves.

I disagree: individual solutions is something practiced by whites (high individualism).  But, China is a more collectivist society, so collectivist actions are more acceptable to East Asians.
I am NOT Chinese, and I do NOT live in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 22:03:02 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-4-26 21:52
as for the topic, it is truly horrifying to think of a world where people are killed for a profit by ...
people are killed for a profit by removing their organs, but this is happening in China and is heavily censored

I too agree that law-abiding Chinese people should not be killed for organs; but, I support using the bodies of executed criminals for organs and science.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-26 22:03:06 |Display all floors
Transhumanism Post time: 2012-4-26 21:39
Please search the forums: plenty of research has already been posted, esp. research from Professor ...

No, I mean real scientists that are recognized as such by the international community
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 22:09:14 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-4-26 22:03
No, I mean real scientists that are recognized as such by the international community

I consider them to be real scientists.   It you do not, then that is your choice.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-26 22:12:53 |Display all floors
Transhumanism Post time: 2012-4-26 22:09
I consider them to be real scientists.   It you do not, then that is your choice.

Well, in the matters of science, the only thing that matters is whether or not they are recognized by their peers. And they are not.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.