Author: vincent01

检验美国高中生英文水平的100个单词,你知道几个? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-1-3 16:43:18 |Display all floors
Are you kidding me?  It's not a difficult list at all!

Other than "ziggurat," I'[ve known the other 99 since age 15.

The result of the current survey simply supports my contention that the Chinese language is a great invention because it is much easier to use than a phonetic language -- you learn only a thousand characters and by combining them in various formats you can come up with  a million denotations, equivalent to a million English words!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-22 00:49:14 |Display all floors
I was here to prove my Chinese ethnicity because there was doubt among the Zs in this forum of my being an Arab.  

It had nothing to do with my judgment of someone's English proficiency because I didn't want to get involved in such evaluations.

And I won't tell you my opinion of whose English is good or bad unless I am asked -- and then I have to tell you the truth instead of telling you a lie that pleases you but wouldn't really help you.

Yes, only if you ask would I tell you my honest opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-22 00:54:52 |Display all floors
The trouble with many English writers is that they don't know where their mistakes are.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-22 00:55:36 |Display all floors
It's just like if you tell me someone's Russian is good enough, I wouldn't have any idea of what you are talking about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-27 18:05:51 |Display all floors
I know only 4 words, as a Chinese we don't need to know all these words, we just learnd English as a second language, these words are rarely used when reading or listening.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-5 05:30:36 |Display all floors
That's why I didn't know the word "Ziggurat."

Never heard of it.

Sounds like a Yugoslavian version of "cigarette."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-5 05:31:30 |Display all floors
nesdock Post time: 2019-4-27 18:05
I know only 4 words, as a Chinese we don't need to know all these words, we just learnd English as a ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.