Author: voice_cd

Which book has influenced you the most?   [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-22 07:48:31 |Display all floors
Changes in political textbooks in school influencd me a lot.

In mainland China. We had to memorize those "Absolutely Right" political judgements in schools. We had to study more Marxist, Mao Zedong's, Deng Xiaoping's, Jiang Zemin's books in elementary school, in junior high school, in high school, in university, in research institutes. And we had never studied China's Constitution in schools and in university.  

In our political textbooks:
First,  
"China is a absolutely state-running and collective-running economy. "
Later,
"China is a state-owned economy and collective-owned economy."
Later, changed again,
"China is a major state-owned economy and partly private-owned economy."

If we wrote down the original right answer after textbooks had changed, we would got "0" in the exam. If so, maybe we would lose the entrace to high school. So "Absolutely Right" would be "Absolutely Wrong" next year.

So, the more we studied the political textbooks in schools, the more we distrusted the propaganda of Party and government. We often made fun of propaganda of Party and government when we studied in schools.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-22 11:18:23 |Display all floors
rain , please come to the Africa!:(:( b0a2914f-e6b0-40e3-b253-86cd12f711bd.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-22 11:57:49 |Display all floors
sherlock holmes when around 10 yo, and 1984 after grown up, watched the film first and then read the book

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-22 18:46:55 |Display all floors
I want to share a book named <1988:i want to talk with the world> written  by famous young author Hanhan who is my favotite writer.I had a further understand about the social through the book that is informative and  humorous.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-23 00:07:42 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-3-22 21:02
I took a much bigger lesson from reading Bill Bryson's "A Short History Of ALmost Everything".

This book is a bit lighter reading but full of surprises:

381px-The_Book_of_General_Ignorance_(Rough_Cover).jpg

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-23 00:36:20 |Display all floors
Thirty Years in the Saddle

by

Major Bumsore

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-23 06:30:58 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-3-23 00:07
This book is a bit lighter reading but full of surprises:

Champagne is an English invention would you believe ?
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.