Author: DSseeing

China needs political reform   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-25 15:01:04 |Display all floors

RE: China needs political reform

This post was edited by sansukong at 2012-4-25 14:12
sansukong Post time: 2012-4-25 11:29
Billionaire may become first tycoon on top Party body

Billionaire Linked to Toppled Chinese Official Is Said to Be Under Investigation

ByMICHAEL WINES and SHARON LaFRANIERE           Published: April 2, 2012

BEIJING — The Chinese authorities are reported to be investigating a Chinese billionaire described as an associate of **, the high-ranking Communist Party official whose dismissal and confinement last month laid bare a split among the nation’s leadership elite.

The billionaire, 41-year-old Xu Ming, is the founder and chairman of the Dalian Shide Group, a conglomerate whose holdings range from home appliances to finance to building materials. Mr. Xu failed to appear as scheduled on Monday at the Bo’ao Forum for Asia, an annual gathering of leaders from business, government and academia on Hainan Island in southern China.

Economy and Nation Weekly, a financial magazine affiliated with the state-run Xinhua news agency, quoted unnamed sources on Saturday as saying that Mr. Xu had been put under the control of Communist Party investigators in connection with “economic cases,” a term often associated with corruption. Major news outlets carried similar reports over the weekend, but government censors have deleted Internet references to the case.

It was unclear whether any inquiry might involve Mr. Bo, a national power broker who was removed as party secretary of metropolitan Chongqing on March 15.

Since then, investigators with the party’s Central Commission for Discipline Inspection have summoned a number of officials and individuals tied to Mr. Bo, 62, for interrogation in Beijing. The commission has been quietly looking into Mr. Bo and his underlings since last year or earlier. But that inquiry has clearly intensified in the two weeks since his dismissal as Chongqing’s party chief, according to Chongqing officials and businessmen who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of repercussions.

Mr. Xu has not been in contact with the Shide Group since March 14, the day before Mr. Bo was fired, the Internet service Sina Finance News reported. Contacted over the weekend by telephone, officials in Dalian and in Liaoning Province, as well as the disciplinary commission and the public security ministry, all said they had no information about Mr. Xu.

Even in ordinary times, an investigation of Mr. Xu, whose fortune has been estimated by Forbes magazine at $690 million, would draw national attention. But the latest report took on added importance as a potential indicator of efforts by the ruling elite to build a case against Mr. Bo in advance of a turnover in the party’s leadership late this year.

Mr. Bo, who sits on the Politburo, had campaigned to join the body’s Standing Committee, the group that effectively runs China.

David Barboza contributed reporting from Shanghai, Jonathan Ansfield from Beijing, and Jane Perlez from Bo’ao, China.

A version of this article appeared in print on April 3, 2012, on page A6 of the New York edition with the headline: Chinese Investigate Titan Linked to Toppled Official.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-25 16:41:28 |Display all floors
11403 Post time: 2012-4-23 18:26
China needs political reform.but,the sologan of reform had been  proposed many years
At the same tim ...

I didn't seem to express  it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-25 22:53:41 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-4-25 00:15
Libyans are so happy with this that 100 years later, they will still  celebrate death of Gadafi as ...

Libyans are happy? really?

Then why don't you stage a similar one in KL?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 00:14:22 |Display all floors
Look at this forum.

Dare to delete but no guts to explain.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 00:19:32 |Display all floors
liuyedao Post time: 2012-4-25 22:53
Libyans are happy? really?

Then why don't you stage a similar one in KL?

China and Malaysia both need reform.

Both are just as feudal medieval in its politics.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 08:48:42 |Display all floors

RE: China needs political reform

robert237 Post time: 2012-4-25 02:08
""Wen warned at a press conference after the conclusion of the annual parliamentary session that tra ...
The most important thing, by far, is not to let the west trick China into privatizing any state owned enterprises.
ESPECIALLY THE BANKS!!!  Once this happens they might as well disband the military and lay out the red carpet for
thieving capitalist to take over China.

Reposted:

If there should be an equivalent Chinese character of a Boris Yeltsin appearing now in
China, it would be taken as a very bad joke! However, if there should be an equivalent
Chinese character of a Mikhail Gorbachev appearing in the scene now, China is doomed
to suffer the same fate of the then USSR that sent Russia into a limbo for two decades
in the political wilderness!

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-27 22:32:30 |Display all floors
The photo above shows the the current beijing leaders are reporting to their chinese american superelties masters living in Brazil, US, Switzeland and UK.

Why would they want to associate with these greedy gangster descendant of Soong, Chiang, Sun Yat Sen, Chen, Kung, who had contributed nothing to china, other than trying to destroy chinese civilisation by using america financial support ? These K-M-T gangster had caused millions of chinese died during Mao leadership in 1950-1960. How come ?

These K-M-T gangster had stolen the whole billions of yuan of china government gold treasury and shipped to America before 1949. As a result, when Mao take over in 1949, china did not have the money to buy the food to feed her population, and many died due to famine.

Only stupid chinese will blame Mao for the dead caused by famine from 1950-60. They are not able to look beyond Mao, who try his best to salvage whatever left over, to try to build a strong china, at a time facing NUCLEAR THREAT from America and Taiwan K-M-T gangster.

POSTER :
The way you wrote those words in bold seems to suggest that you think very highly of the integrity of the PSC.

If Bo Xilai dared to take on the chinese mafia in Chongqing and eradicate, or at least, reduce crimes drastically, the current leadership knows that he will not hesitate to investigate and expose corruptions in the PSC which are being covered up, after they have stepped down.

If Hu jintao's 22 year old daughter is to be considered matured and experienced enough to be the number two person in a chinese SOE, which is as big as or bigger than Temasek Holding, that tells you something about the integrity of the PSC.

Chinese netizens believe that Bo Xilai's purge was meant to silence him.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.