Author: travistan

What is expected salary range for experienced copyeditor for CCTV-English?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-9 16:10:54 |Display all floors
Hello,

Thanks for all the responses here.
Appreciate them.

So generally speaking, judging from what has been shared, I should be looking at ard 5K USD/month for basic?
And the package should also come with housing, transport allowances etc right?

Would be great if any folks here reading this and are in the media industry could help shed some light on this as well.

Thanks much.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 20:33:31 |Display all floors
Still...jealous, envious...and only 35?

USD 150k a year isn't that much. It's pretty much the average that a graduate from my university in Switzerland earns at the age 25. So why should they be willing to go to China and accept a lower salary, especially if you consider the fact that living quality for many westerns is lower in China because it's dirtier, unsafer and so on. (Well, for me, living quality is higher in China because I can get good food, have household  staff, afford a bigger appartment and experience a nice culture, but of course I wouldn't tell my employer when negotiating the salary :) )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 21:03:59 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2012-3-9 08:54
Yes, only 35. In our company we believe that young people can bring in fresh ideas and with the co ...

Off topic, sorry OP but Longzhou my friend, does a 35 year old expat have more responsibility than say, an English teacher, responsible for the minds of many hundreds, sometimes thousands of kids/young adults? Which is the future, on the whole, of China? Foreign teachers are getting a "bum rap" methinks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 21:48:45 |Display all floors
hi exportedkiwi,

are u also a foreigner working in china ? beijing?
i presume you are an english lang teacher there?
may i ask what is an indication of a typical package i shd be expecting, u think?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-11 11:36:14 |Display all floors
travistan Post time: 2012-3-9 21:48
hi exportedkiwi,

If you are a mainland China's citizen, Maybe RMB 6,000~8,000 (USD 1,000 ) per month for experienced copyeditor for CCTV.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-11 11:41:57 |Display all floors
travistan Post time: 2012-3-9 21:48
hi exportedkiwi,

1.png

2.png

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-11 11:58:48 |Display all floors
vanwilder  468259058's invisible income comes from the ned  

+++++++++++++++++
Hahahahahaa,,

My income is legal and paid by state-owned and local government-owned companies. All of them are from full-time and party-time works.

And you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.