Author: travistan

What is expected salary range for experienced copyeditor for CCTV-English?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-9 09:54:44 |Display all floors
goldengrove Post time: 2012-3-9 09:48
Still...jealous, envious...and only 35?

Yes, only 35. In our company we believe that young people can bring in fresh ideas and with the correct help and supervision make excellent managers. Age is not so important in a production line; experience and knowing how to handle critical situations is more important.
In our business, quick reaction is what makes the differnece between keeping or losing the customer since designs, in the industries we serve, change at a very fast speed. Just think about how many new models of cars, airplanes, and home appliances are developed every year and how you have to adapt your production line to that change. Having the right people who can handle frequent change and who can transmit this idea to the working force is a key to success.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 10:34:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by someoneold at 2012-3-9 10:36

compare with the compere,
I think you may get a salary around 3-5W/month
but you know, CCTV may has many bonus...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 10:39:19 |Display all floors
$50,000 - $150,000 - What are you kidding me.

Expect much less that $50,000 a year, a moderate apartment, no drivers, no translators, no child care or Christmas and you will be a lot closer to the mark

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-9 11:16:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-3-9 11:30

My advice to your post: If you are in CCTV, you need to be 低调. For example, in many places, Never question what you shouldn't question.

Many of employee of CCTV, are also high-level party and government leaders. 关系 is very very important there. And you have opportunities to own powerful 关系 there.

The most valuable matter is 关系。 If you had powerful 关系, many invisible income would come into your pockets in the next years.  (Don't worry about legal or illegal invisible income. Many mainland Chinese including me have invisible income.)

Many employee of organizations like CCTV live on pension, bonus, free-apartment service, free-car service, free....service, not ib visible salary. Many of them can easily buy apartments in Beijing, though their visible salaries are extremely low. Sometimes, free-apartment service, free-car service, free-chidlren's education service, free-health care service, and other serivce is much important than the amount of your visible salary.很多时间,手中的权力,分配公房,免费医疗,分配公车,机关幼儿园,补助取暖费等等各种福利待遇远远重于工资。在很多单位(比如高校),后勤的一个高级干部的综合收入,远远高于一个干活的专业人士(比如兢兢业业的教授)。

For example: If you are a journalist of CCTV, if your parents in a rural area have a conflict with local government leaders, just tell them you are a journalist of CCTV. everything would be Okay.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-9 11:34:47 |Display all floors
Oh, now it's not Closed-circuit television (CCTV), but CNTV.

hahhahaa, My guess, maybe the OP just made a joke and wanna have fun here.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 12:20:25 |Display all floors
lihanwen Post time: 2012-3-9 10:39

Expect much less that $50,000 a year, a moderate  ...

That's more reasonable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-9 15:54:44 |Display all floors
lihanwen Post time: 2012-3-9 10:39

Expect much less that $50,000 a year, a moderate  ...

I explained clearly that I was talking of a complete different industry since I have no idea how the media industry is rated.

In the industrial world, for someone with such a background and in a repsonsabilty position as I mentioned, that's what is the mark!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.