Author: UYA

Chinese health "myths"   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-4 11:12:32 |Display all floors
The whole not bathing or going outside for a month after giving birth always struck me as disgusting. The mother needs to exercise to improve circulation and avoid clotting after the birth. The whole issue of nasty infections is also a problem. Horrible for mother, baby and anyone else involved.

One pregnant girl here told me to turn off the TV as she can't watch it when pregnant or it will make her eyes bleed (seriously!) WTF???

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-4 11:34:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-3-9 18:54
No sex during a woman's menstruation is common all over the world and not just a Chinese "myth".

M ...

Sorry for replying so old post, but if You allow me to answer:

Hot, and Cold is only the very top of an iceberg.

This is about Chinese Traditional Medicine, that concentrate on "elements" etc.
We may not understund it, but somehow... seems that it works in many cases.

As far as I remember - CTM focuses on avoiding problems insteed of curing them.
Taking care about food is one of the most basic methods.

Ok, CTM may talk about "elements", hot, cold, etc.
Western medicine can talk about influence of capsaicine, and other "elements" in food, and its' role for our body.
Maybe both talk about the same, but just in different way?

For hundreds of years we describe "hot taste" as... well... hot indeed. In many languages. In English is "hot" in Chinese "la". Now scientists knows that substances in food (for example - mentioned capsaicine) triggers the same sensors, that react on hot temperature, giving the same kind of signals to the brain.

Native tribes in Africa or America use some herbs "because of Their tradition", we then take it analyse, and in many cases find how it work at "chemistry level".

I believe, that it is the same with CTM.
Some of mechanisms "western" medicine already knows, some - not (maybe will? who knows...).
Some things just works, how - it may be described as well by chemistry, phisics, medicine, or even religion... For me it is not important, as long as it works.

So - back to the point.
I would not put CTM to the same barrel with "black cats" :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-4 22:09:24 |Display all floors
making love during period is harm to the health of your wife or your girlfriend.
what's more, if you,togerther your wife is in a bad situation, your sex has been badly affected in future.
in order to your sex life happliy, you'd better not make love during period.
good luck

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.