Author: hellosusan

How to learn English?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-27 21:26:48 |Display all floors
you need learn more words and see a lot of English movies or American plays. Gradually your listening will be improved ,by the way,you can learn oral English in the plays.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-3 15:47:20 |Display all floors
sunny-e Post time: 2012-5-21 07:26
建议你先记单词,可以下个记单词的软件

That's a good idea!
Happy a new year!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-6 17:49:47 |Display all floors
hujunling Post time: 2012-7-27 21:26
you need learn more words and see a lot of English movies or American plays. Gradually your listenin ...

Wrong. Movies and music are the worst way to improve PROPER English speaking. Too much slang, bad words, poor grammar. If you want to speak like a pro, you must approach it like a pro. Otherwise, you'll be viewed as a "street" person who only knows slang and poor grammar.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-6 17:52:22 |Display all floors
painting189 Post time: 2012-3-28 09:33
Your written english is good

It's good, but not good enough. I adopt the fundamental premise that learning is an acquired skill; and, to learn anything well enough to develop a skill takes practice. So, practice learning.

A few professional writing courses will aid you in your endeavor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-7 16:47:14 |Display all floors
americantongue Post time: 2012-9-6 17:49
Wrong. Movies and music are the worst way to improve PROPER English speaking. Too much slang, bad  ...

in order to learn english, i have  downloaded so many english songs and movies,someone told me that it is the native  and fast way to learn english.if i want speak like a pro.and do not viewed as "street"person.can you tell me come correct and usful way?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-8 02:12:40 |Display all floors
evazhu924 Post time: 2012-9-7 16:47
in order to learn english, i have  downloaded so many english songs and movies,someone told me tha ...

If you insist on watching TV shows for English learning, try National Geographic, Discovery Channel or English news. The rest is filled with slang and improper grammar and speech. Movies and music are especially bad about this. Believe me, I have to correct Chinese grammar and words DAILY. Why? Because they insist it's proper because they heard it in a movie or a rap song. Movies and music are for entertainment.
Now, some of the older English songs are fine because they actually spoke / sung English back then. The new music, forget about it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-8 08:06:17 |Display all floors
americantongue Post time: 2012-9-8 02:12
If you insist on watching TV shows for English learning, try National Geographic, Discovery Channe ...

morning`
thank you so much for telling me these methods,i will follow what you said.

Use magic tools Report

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.