Author: 468259058

Bravest Policeman of mainland China: Dare to issue parking tickets to Leaders   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-27 01:45:24 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-2-27 00:11
Compared with China, you western countries look more like police states.

China is the only country I am aware of that still has an unarmed police force. These men have to be very brave, not even bullet proof vests.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-27 01:58:34 |Display all floors
philo09 Post time: 2012-2-27 01:45
China is the only country I am aware of that still has an unarmed police force. These men have to  ...

Most policemen are not allowed to take arms with them, not even batons, in their daily duties. Some of them may take cuffs with them. Yeah, most of them practice kongfu more or less.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-27 02:07:32 |Display all floors
I was shocked the first time that I went to China and discovered that the police were totally unarmed; and I learned from experience that they were courteous, helpful, and friendly. Simply unbelievable to a person from the US or Canada where the police are not only armed but often brutally attack or kill unarmed innocent people.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-27 02:18:44 |Display all floors
philo09 Post time: 2012-2-27 02:07
I was shocked the first time that I went to China and discovered that the police were totally unarme ...

Maybe it's because guns or any firearms are strictly banned in China. So it's generally not neccessary for policemen to take arms.  In case any serious crime happens, they normally call backup force, who would come to the scene with arms.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-27 02:28:09 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-2-27 02:18
Maybe it's because guns or any firearms are strictly banned in China. So it's generally not necces ...

Yes I agree that most of the population are unarmed and that there is a military police force to deal with armed criminals; but this does not lessen the bravery of the regular police who are often killed doing their job. I also learned while I was in China from policemen that they are very poorly paid compared to police in the west. During the months I spent traveling in China I never saw any of the armed police and felt safer than I ever had in my life in any country.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-27 02:42:41 |Display all floors
philo09 Post time: 2012-2-27 02:28
Yes I agree that most of the population are unarmed and that there is a military police force to d ...

I am glad you had a nice experience in China.

Yes, policemen are respectable people and they are not very well paid compared with many other jobs in China and they often face dangers. They have one of the shortest life expectancies compared with other groups of people. I also hope their conditions can be improved soon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-27 03:26:33 |Display all floors
philo09 Post time: 2012-2-27 02:07
I was shocked the first time that I went to China and discovered that the police were totally unarme ...

Easy to get your way as foreigner with the chinese police, just behaving politely and respectfully to them for a change compared to the locals.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.