Author: lanjingling

Will you marry me as I have nothing ?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-23 22:08:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by foreignchinese at 2012-2-24 00:48

I would like to share a personal experience of a family known to me from Northern China. This Chinese couple (near 50's) leads a very frugal life, saving as much as they can for their only son aged 25 to get married. The son soon got a girlfriend and introduced the girl to his parents. Of course the old couple was too pleased and look forward to have their son got married and produce a grandchild.
The terms & conditions from the girl's family for marriage
1) A flat for the new couple.
2) A gold bangle and necklace.
The old couple digged into their lafe savings to buy a small apartment BUT being uncertain, decided to purchase the apartment in the name of the boy's mother with the intention to transfer the name to the young couple later on.
This infuriarated the girl and her family decided not to conclude the marriage. Reason being the ownership of the apartment must be in the young couple's names. In case the marriage do not work out, she gets to keep the apartment for compensation.
Yes, this practice is very common in China as the generation now do not believe in living on own capabilities. The material world is very real when it comes to marriage.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-2-24 09:19:55 |Display all floors
I have some money-...I"m good looking and sexy....I also have three ex-wives
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 12:23:41 |Display all floors
if he have blond hair and the blue eye {:soso_e166:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 14:18:49 |Display all floors
foreignchinese Post time: 2012-2-23 22:08
I would like to share a personal experience of a family known to me from Northern China. This Chines ...

I heard the similar story before.

One woman 's family ased for 30,000 cash before the wedding and Man's side can't get enough for that amount and they have to delay the marriage date.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-25 17:17:37 |Display all floors
butterflyin Post time: 2012-2-25 14:18
I heard the similar story before.

One woman 's family ased for 30,000 cash before the wedding and ...

In my country, only the very rich family offers such gifts to marrying couple. Otherwise, get marry when you are capable to sustain yourself or just remain a bachelor. Well most people get by. Marriage is not the ultimate goals to most family now. I think China people are still very conservative about having next generation to carry on the family name.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-26 13:16:56 |Display all floors
I will not marry you but I will marry my sweetheart.
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-26 16:47:49 |Display all floors
anglo007 Post time: 2012-2-25 12:23
if he have blond hair and the blue eye

I believe I qualify. I got blond hair and blue eyes. Marry me? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzz
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.