Author: Transhumanist

Posters Should Provide References for Their Stories and Claims   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-15 13:01:01 |Display all floors
It can't be critical about it.Just treat it with right attitude.Thats enough!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-17 14:13:17 |Display all floors
kongque Post time: 2012-2-14 06:17
yep naked as the day I was born sport.

and your honey tongue tells me nothing more than you make  ...

Heavens to purgatory, you’ve gone all religious; and extremist new-ager type as well.   The bad part of religion too; the condescending part that hurls insults to those heathen who detract from the script.

Unlike the good part that preaches humility and realizes, along with astronomers, the light particles (photons) reflected by the speck of blue dust we sit on is washed out by the nearest star, which in turn is washed out by the swirling stream of the Milky-Way, which in turn is lost among the billions of streams of other galaxies.   Even relatively close planets are so hard to see astronomer have to study the slight gravitational perturbations of the central star and/or the ever so slight dimming of the star’s brightness as the planet passes between it and us.  Of course time the light takes to travel such unimaginable distances compounds the humility.  Compare the time light takes just to traverse this region of the galaxy with our flash-in-the-pan lifespan; even the amount of time our species existed on this blue speck is a mere blip in the timeline of existence of the planet.   The probability that another species somewhere in the university will discover us very small and the probability they will be interested in contacting us even smaller.  They would be more apt to demolish the blue speck whilst building an intergalactic superhighway…

This makes the squabbles some here are so obsessed over ever so petty.

A surprise considering your view of religion.

Ooh and the “go to Hell” ticket would be much nicer if it was higher resolution.  I’m afraid the demon or whatever down there might refuse my entry citing it to be too fuzzy and an “obvious fake”.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-15 17:30:34 |Display all floors
References are always good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 08:39:00 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-2-11 12:40
Truth and falsehood? What's that all about?
This place is for expressing opinions and nothing more.

Funny bunnies we are!  Why so serious?  Haha!  laugh, have a beer, and some good sex.  References? ba humbug!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 11:33:27 |Display all floors
Adia Post time: 2012-2-15 13:01
It can't be critical about it.Just treat it with right attitude.Thats enough!

critical is bad: just chill wit it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-14 10:49:05 |Display all floors
kongque Post time: 2012-2-14 06:17
yep naked as the day I was born sport.

and your honey tongue tells me nothing more than you make  ...

Well said!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-2-26 15:54:38 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-2-11 12:40
Truth and falsehood? What's that all about?
This place is for expressing opinions and nothing more.

If you find my posts talentful, please give me a job as an online propagandist for the CIA.  I will work for minimum wage.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.