Author: Transhumanist

Posters Should Provide References for Their Stories and Claims   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-2-11 16:37:00 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-2-11 16:07
Ah ........... !

This was the mystery idea  'supplier' ............     

OK .........

The link is there and it works ..........

I stand by my original link and story now because this is what is stated in the BBC page you pointed out ....

In an effort to make this clearer, we have made one small change to the original story. Under the FBI picture of Waleed al Shehri we have added the words "A man called Waleed Al Shehri..." to make it as clear as possible that there was confusion over the identity. The rest of the story remains as it was in the archive as a record of the situation at the time.

"we have made one small change to the original story .."

I do not see that one small idea in the article as a 'de-bunk' theory ...............

The article merely becomes more ambiguous about that person, but does not mention the others  .......

Ta .......
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-11 17:09:45 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-2-11 16:37
OK .........

The link is there and it works ..........

Sheesh again!

Now I suspect you are being deliberately obtuse.

From the article:
The confusion over names and identities we reported back in 2001 may have arisen because these were common Arabic and Islamic names.

Also from the article:
We later reported on the list of hijackers, thereby superseding the earlier report. In the intervening years we have also reported in detail on the investigation into the attacks, the 9/11 commission and its report

They even provide links to the 2004 "Key Findings" article and the five year anniversary article with a detailed listing of the events on 9/11 which has pictures of all the hijackers.

They also provide a link to a conspiracy theorist reponse to exemplify how difficult it is to reason with these paranoid gits.  

Linking to an old new article as "evidence" that some of the hijackers were alive without bothering to even check the whole article, check other sources, or even consider that it may have been an error flies in the face of reason indicates the conspiracy theorist is not interested in discussion and not worthy of a response; especially one of the detail I have provided today.

Sheesh!

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-2-11 17:31:08 |Display all floors
brobostigon Post time: 2012-2-11 17:09
Sheesh again!

Now I suspect you are being deliberately obtuse.

You will know from your time in this forum that I do not spend much or any time on 911 events .......

There were already enough people doing that and when you challenged me for a link, and I pulled up the first 911 one I could on the topic that was a source you might have heard of .......

I really don't want to waste my life or time on this topic, but I will if you insist  ........

However, despite all the other stuff that you would like me to wade through, I would point out that even though copious amounts of material exist on this topic as pointed out by you, the BBC do not rescind, negate or apologise for their own article ........

They merely make one small adjustment to cover themselves without stating that their article is incorrect in any other sense and point to other ideas or statements  .......

Until they do that then I will stick with their amended version .........

Sheeeesh kebabs ......... !

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-11 17:52:06 |Display all floors
brobostigon Post time: 2012-2-11 15:26
Already solidly debunked......  note this was written immediately after the attacks and there is a ...

"solidly debunked" ???

afraid not sqire.

the comments that followed the editors blog clearly show that there was nothing "solid" about his lame attempt.

Fact is the claim from the US in the aftermath was that they had identified the "hijackers" from documents and passports found in their lodgings.

THEY WERE POSITIVE ABOUT THE IDs and it was only some time later that the big effort to prevent the doubts about the event from becoming a wildfire they could not control that the "same names" type debunking came out.

The Wolf is Your Shepherd.
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-12 02:52:50 |Display all floors
kongque Post time: 2012-2-11 17:52
"solidly debunked" ???

afraid not sqire.

Yes, solidly debunked.

the comments that followed the editors blog clearly show that there was nothing "solid" about his lame attempt

You’re spouting b.s. (again):  there are 290 comments following the editor’s blog, they appear to be all over the board in opinion.  They don’t “clearly show” anything.  And you missed this in the blog itself:
The confusion over names and identities we reported back in 2001 may have arisen because these were common Arabic and Islamic names.

Common names!  When I checked the phone directory today I found there were hundreds upon hundreds of people with the same name as myself.  It is not hard to realize the mistake the original author made and how desperate expatter must’ve been to link to it as “evidence” the hijackers were alive!  
Sqire?
I usually don’t respond when someone calls me a derogatory name, or comments on my spelling and grammar errors, but I’ll make an exception here since you’ve apparently managed to misspell the name in the process.   I assume you meant, “squire”, as that would fit your online personae as some sort of self-aggrandizing narcissistic imperial numbskull wasting your time jousting with “sqires”.  Recall your post where you claimed you could possibly live forever by the light “emanating” from you passing through time and space into the universe.  Well, I have a news alert for you:  you do not emanate any light, only reflect it!  And that reflection produces so few photons that it is not likely they will escape the atmosphere before being absorbed or reflected – no matter how enormous your ego is.  With all of your sophisticated communications equipment, yacht, and “23,000 employees”, you cannot change the fact that this “sqire” knows the “emperor” has no clothes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-12 02:57:52 |Display all floors

RE: Posters Should Provide References for Their Stories and Claims

expatter Post time: 2012-2-11 15:14
OK ...........

I will post a BBC article citation for you in the next thread about living 911 peo ...

Oh, I missed this one:

Meanwhile it is a known fact that OBL was never on the FBI most wanted list for the 911 bombings .........

Because he was already on the list, DUH!

I do not spend much or any time on 911 events .......

Then do a little reading before posting such links as “evidence,” Sheesh!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-12 14:05:34 |Display all floors
brobostigon Post time: 2012-2-12 02:57
Oh, I missed this one:Because he was already on the list, DUH!Then do a little reading before post ...
Oh, I missed this one:

No you didn't ..........

As to your post these were dealt with and answered at posts #11 and #27 ........

NEXT ............  

Sheeesh kebab ..........  !      

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.