Author: aki1

The 7 Hurdles in Mastering Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-13 11:20:35 |Display all floors
it wil take years , but never give up ,,best place to learn is at an english chinese university teaching a certified course in Mandarin ....good luck..
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-13 11:22:45 |Display all floors
yes i teach my wife English,,but we speak Chinglish to each other..i understand Chinese but can not speak as fast as she does Chinese...we live in both worlds English and Chinese..
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-23 13:18:09 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-23 21:02:32 |Display all floors
翻翻玩玩 Post time: 2012-3-23 13:18
http://pinyin.info/readings/texts/moser.html
read this. very amusing

While the english say 'it is greek to me' the greek say it is chinese to me.In the past me personally used this phrase quite often any time when a student could not understand the meaning of my words even in greek.we also say to friends or our children the same phrase if they pretend that they do not understand the meaning of our words.
the german language is considered a pretty difficult language comparing to the french ,italian or english .In reality german is much easier than chinese.
only a person with passion for China can insist on learning the chinese language .Of oucrse when you study in China things are much easier.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-3-25 05:38:27 |Display all floors
xilaren Post time: 2012-2-9 03:32
I agree with the above but the chinese language is fascinating.At least for me.

It seemed like 7,000 hurdles and that was just to learn PY{:soso_e101:}

Keep up your leaning{:soso_e181:}

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-25 06:18:59 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-3-25 05:38
It seemed like 7,000 hurdles and that was just to learn PY

Keep up your leaning{:sos ...

it is my oxygen
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-26 15:00:45 |Display all floors
I can speak Chinese better and better every day, but Nanning has so many languages, that speaking Mandarin is not enough.

My friends speak Nanning Bai Hua (like Cantonese) most of the time, and though I can understand a little of what they are taking about (mostly through body language), I wish they would speak Mandarin!

I can't write chinese, but I can send text messages and read most text messages my friends send to me, but I can't read books or newspapers. I wish I had more time to practice my writing and reading, but until someone invents the 36 hour day, I have no chance!
Mr. Daniel Walsh (BEng/工学学士, MSc/理学硕士)

E-Mail/电子邮箱: daniel_hs_walsh@hotmail.com
LinkedIN Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/danielhswalsh

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.