Author: vincent001

[US] Life of a Chinese immigrant family in the US   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-31 11:18:11 |Display all floors
chinapatriot Post time: 2012-1-30 19:15
USA is a very dangerous country. Everyday, Chinese men are murdered and Chinese women are raped. Why ...

Money. Greed drives people to so all sorts of strange things.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-31 14:21:44 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-30 21:23
Yes, the number of ethnic Chinese is going down, down, down, and before 1st of August this year th ...

I'm the last white guy in San Jose
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 15:19:07 |Display all floors
Why do they live in such a tiny place if they're both working???? Simple....too many kids!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 15:53:00 |Display all floors
It's bigger than my apartment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 19:00:32 |Display all floors
Chinese use the anglo metric system I mean square-foot?{:soso_e122:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 20:55:50 |Display all floors
This is why education is important, many second generation Chinese went on to become computer engineers, doctors, scientists, teachers and make a life for themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 21:05:16 |Display all floors
This is why education is important, many second generation Chinese went on to become computer engineers, doctors, scientists, teachers and make a life for themselves.

Many first generation already are engineers, doctors and scientists.  

This is more of an example of how poor families live in the city.  It could be anybody really.

Education is key, you're absolutely right.  And there does seem to be more of an emphasis on education in chinese families compared to anyone else.  They seem to be willing to make more sacrifices in order to give their children the best education.  That is something I've noticed and admired about the chinese here.

My friend was the child of immigrants in Queens, NY.  His mother is athiest, father buddhist, and they sent their two boys to a catholic school because it had the best ratings.  They were paying for them to go to private schools when they couldn't afford a car.  

It all paid off for them.  The father, an engineer, moved up the ranks in corporate america.  They were able to buy a large home in long island and send both their boys to college and give them a good start in life.  One is a business owner, the other a doctor.  

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.