Author: vincent001

[US] Life of a Chinese immigrant family in the US   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-30 16:36:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by scrotymcbugerba at 2012-2-1 07:58

i feel sorry for them.you could not pay me to live in a city that large.i have never been to a city like that ,that has so many people living on top of each other .i cant see the benefits ,dont get me wrong i like my fellow man ,but i like to do my grocery shopping in the middle of the night  when the whole store is calm and your not getting ran over by soccer moms on their way to where ever. i like to take my time make sure i get what i want . i like to be able spread my arms if i want to without some hard eyed harried individual starring at me and begrudging me for the space i take and the time i keep them from their precious consumables,so coveted until consumed then carelessly tossed by the recycling on their mad dash back to the store to get more.
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 22:03:54 |Display all floors
Okay I know Ludlow and surrounding area well.
My first question is: are they in a rent control apartment, otherwise that little flattete can be quite expensive. The surrounding area is being slowly gentrified.
My 2nd question: what's their total income?
My first suggestion is for the kids, especially for Mikey: if you feel cramped in the little flattete, use the public libraries on East Broadway, you have free access to the internet and the staff will help you.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 22:05:52 |Display all floors
vincent001 Post time: 2012-1-30 16:22

If that's a typical mean, that there's not enough protein for three growing children.
Talk with local Chinese organizations, they will help.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 22:09:44 |Display all floors

Break free of a closetted Chinatown

This post was edited by cestmoi at 2012-1-30 22:12

Advice for the kids:
Mix, mingle, socialize with kids from other backgrounds. Forget about race ad ethnicity, just socialize, interact and play (esp sports) with other kids.
Speak English, avoid being trapped by a closeted Chinatown, this is especially true in that area.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 22:12:15 |Display all floors
For once from you, good post!
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-31 10:49:19 |Display all floors
At least in the USA they can buy cheap handguns, drugs, and join a violent street gang almost
as soon as they land here.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 11:15:07 |Display all floors
USA is a very dangerous country. Everyday, Chinese men are murdered and Chinese women are raped. Why do Chinese go to USA?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.