Author: vincent001

Should China make Philippines pay for balancing act?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-31 13:09:56 |Display all floors
jinseng Post time: 2012-1-31 11:32
Not a  balanced statement from this Western bigot.

You want China to sit placidly and let the Phi ...

What's unbalanced about it? Does the Philippines have any less rights that China in this region? If they want the US to re-establish bases there, that's up to them, not China don't you think and the very fact that China DOES claim territory that is extremely close to the Philippines, as it's opwn is also true is it not? This is fact LGK. What part of the facts don't you like?
I am aware that Chinese folks, may not like how I write the truth, but, it is the truth and no "sugar coating" of it will make it taste any better. It's not an anti-China post as you'd probgably like to claim. It's a factual post.
FYI LGK, I'm not here to please the Chinese or pro-China crowd here. I'm here to post as I see it. Sometimes it's unpleasant for me, sometimes for them. It's called life....get used to it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 13:11:28 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-1-31 09:36
Ask China to help Cuba and install a military base there and see how peaceful and accepting
the USA  ...

That's true indeed but then, China has no real "historic" ties with Cuba the way the US does with the Philippines. China and Cuba have never fought off an invader together, shed blood together etc. The US and the Philippines have so the comparison isn't exactly up to par.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-31 13:15:18 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-30 21:11
That's true indeed but then, China has no real "historic" ties with Cuba the way the US does with  ...

Communist Russia had "historic" ties with Cuba so it would just be a passing of the
Communist guard for China to take over where Russia left off.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 13:27:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much ri

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 13:29:41 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much ri

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 13:34:27 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 13:36:48 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.