How much more for a country so beautiful,
Would she not yearn to be free?
My Philippines that I treasure,
Cradle of my tears and suffering,
My dream is
To see you truly free!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 09:30:12 |Display all floors
Written as a protest song during the American occupation of the Philippines, it is often sung in protest rallies and demonstrations throughout Philippine history, notably during the funeral of Sen. Benigno Aquino, Jr. and the ensuing People Power Revolution of 1986 where Freddie Aguilar led the crowd to sing the song's chorus.[1] Due to the song being used against the Marcos dictatorship, the Martial Law era saw the banning of most public performances of the piece; anyone who dared to sing or play it in public was deemed a dissident and could potentially have been incarcerated.
The song has also been re-arranged and recorded by different composers and singers, notably by Lucio San Pedro (National Artist for music), Lolita Carbon, and Freddie Aguilar. Aguilar's cover is one of the most famous renditions of the song; an often overlooked detail is that the instrumental section of this version is actually another Filipino patriotic hymn: "Pilipinas Kong Mahal". Carbon's rendition included another de Jesus work, Kay Sarap Mabuhay Sa Sariling Bayan, as a preluding stanza to the main lyrics. Sung mostly by Leftist groups, the stanza is included either as the prelude or the bridge replacing Pilipinas Kong Mahal.

Now this song is gaining popularity again !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 09:31:53 |Display all floors

RE: Should China make Philippines pay for balancing act?

exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-31 08:06
The Philippines have been in the US "sphere" of insterest since the US "won" them in the US-Spanish  ...

Anyone can read the obvious intentions of the U.S.

Read Related Articles.

THREATENING CHINA: U.S. to expand military presence in the Philippines
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 09:39:46 |Display all floors
The most warm hearted people I have ever met in my life.

h ttp://w ww.youtube.c om/watch?v=OtLWCY8O0us

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 10:00:43 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-30 19:06
The Philippines have been in the US "sphere" of insterest since the US "won" them in the US-Spanish  ...

It is obvious that the thieves in the US don't know what friendship that is they see the Philliphines people like a tool to kill others. Philliphine people don't want to be tool. They want to friend witheveryine including China. Thieves on the US treat other countries like a slave and atool yo be use. This attitude is going to bring down the US
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 10:00:58 |Display all floors
FreddyAguilar Post time: 2012-1-31 08:39
The most warm hearted people I have ever met in my life.

h ttp://w ww.youtube.c om/watch?v=OtLWCY8O ...

Yep, lovely place and people indeed. Kamusta!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-31 10:08:43 |Display all floors
The Philipinos want live in peace,

they do not want their fishing boats being rammed by other ships from a far away country.

They do not want be stripped off of their coastal waters by a far away country.

They want to be left in peace.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.