Views: 10969|Replies: 54

Muslim Men Found Guily Over Gay Leaflets [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-1-21 05:32:56 |Display all floors
1111.jpg
Three Muslim men have become the first to be convicted of stirring up hatred on the grounds of sexual orientation after they handed out a leaflet calling for gay people to be executed.
Ihjaz Ali, Kabir Ahmed and Razwan Javed handed the pamphlet, entitled The Death Penalty?, which showed an image of a mannequin hanging from a noose and quoted Islamic texts that said capital punishment was the only way to rid society of homosexuality.
At Derby Crown Court, they were convicted by a jury of distributing threatening written material intending to stir up hatred on the grounds of sexual orientation - the first prosecution of its kind since legislation came into force in March 2010.
Mehboob Hussain and Umar Javed, who were also charged with the same offence, were found not guilty.
A two-week trial heard that the men, who are all from Derby, admitted distributing the leaflet but said they were simply quoting and following what their religion teaches about homosexuality and did not intend to threaten anyone.
The leaflet was handed out outside and near the Jamia Mosque in Derby's Rosehill Street and in streets around the local neighbourhood in July 2010. It was made and used as part of a campaign to publicise a protest in response to the Gay Pride parade due to be held in Derby on July 10 that year.
Taxi driver Ali, 42, of Fairfax Road, who the prosecution said was believed to be the main organiser and supplier of the leaflets, was found guilty of four counts of distribution on July 2 and July 4.
Ahmed, 28, who is married with a nine-month-old daughter and lives in Madeley Street, and Razwan Javed, 28, of Wilfred Street, were convicted of distribution in the area of the mosque on July 2.
But married taxi driver Mehboob Hussain, 45, of Rosehill Street, and Razwan's brother Umar Javed, 38, a married takeaway worker who lives in Whittaker Street, were both cleared of distribution relating to posting the leaflets through the letterboxes of homes on July 4.
Zarif Khan, representing Razwan Javed, said they would be looking to appeal the convictions. The men will be sentenced on February 10.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-21 13:31:59 |Display all floors
that poor man. it must be tough to be a gay muslim.i would not want to reside in that skull even for a minute.imagine the self loathing and the sexual repression turned to hate at what he wants butt can never have. i fear as long as he has religion he will never be able to be honest with him self about any thing. the sad part is he will probably get counselling in prison with out being on a suicide watch
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-21 13:44:46 |Display all floors
Oh dear  ...........

More 'free-speech' in trouble ...............  !

I think our friend here will get some first hand (and maybe other parts) experience when he gets into prison  ..........

That should give him something to really hate  .........     

And he will never walk the same again  .......   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-21 14:00:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-21 13:50
So you are sympathising with these stroppy beardies?

You do not have any sympathies for the feel ...

Well if that is sympathy for our Muslim brothers  ...........

I pray no one does the same for you ...........     

Unless of it is too late and you are already bandy-legged  ........      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-21 14:00:46 |Display all floors
actually that is one of the good things about muslims they do  some converting in  prisons so the prisons with a high proportion of muslims dont have as much rape as ones with low populations all though i dont have the # i bet murders of homosexuals is up though so it would be difficult to get the facts.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-1-21 14:20:58 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-1-21 13:44
Oh dear  ...........

More 'free-speech' in trouble ...............  !

Be like a mouses ear hole for those bruisers in there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-21 14:34:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by scrotymcbugerba at 2012-1-21 14:37
seneca Post time: 2012-1-21 14:07
A couple of years ago, a Saudi diplomat caused consternation because he maltreated one of his male s ...

in america there are converts in prison .its not as appealing to the parole board as being borne again. but it is on the rise the hope is
that being a member of any religion will keep them productive members of society.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.