Author: firstcause

The World War on Democracy   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-21 00:31:38 |Display all floors
liuyedao Post time: 2012-1-21 00:22
When I believe US prefer a normal and functioning Iraqi government...

I doubt Israeli have the sa ...

I do not think you can have a democracy in a place where there is ethnic and religious differences  .......

One side or faction will always feel marginalised and then you have conflict ..........

It works for the sheeple in the West ........

But not for poor people  ...........

It seems in those cases only a single power can rule successfully  ..........

And the HR problems are highlighted by that factor of single government, whereas they are not when the populace commit the atrocities at will as groups  .........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-21 00:39:29 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-1-21 00:31
I do not think you can have a democracy in a place where there is ethnic and religious differences ...

Ahh yes, economic factor also an important issue before developing a mature domocracy.

War-torn Irag needs to get their house in order and increase people's livelihood before doing camouflage thing like election and then declaring it as democracy.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-21 00:46:02 |Display all floors
liuyedao Post time: 2012-1-21 00:39
Ahh yes, economic factor also an important issue before developing a mature domocracy.

War-torn I ...

India comes to mind and I think Manoj feels I am too hard on his country ........

But they have democracy and massive poverty ........

Food and dignity must come before ideals  .......

You cannot eat democracy .........

An empty belly has no concern for anything more than basic survival .......   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-21 01:50:41 |Display all floors
John Pilger indeed tells the true reality of U.S. actions.
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-21 11:03:39 |Display all floors
Before you can have a war on democracy first you have to find one.
Happy hunting denizens of the world
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-21 21:44:18 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-1-21 01:26
The World War on Democracy...................................isn't that China's wet dream?

The USA is the one destroying Democracy, while it points the finger of one hand at others, it signs away the rights and freedoms that democracy once stood for with the other hand.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-21 21:46:23 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-1-21 11:03
Before you can have a war on democracy first you have to find one.
Happy hunting denizens of the wor ...

That's a cracker  .........      

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.