Author: wowzers

Who is Amy Holly Feng?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-19 17:02:38 |Display all floors
wowzers Post time: 2012-1-19 16:56
Sorry. The video is YouTube. Perhaps you can find it elsewhere I dunno.

I can't enter YouTube?
お前の道を進め、人には勝手なことを言わせておけ。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 17:29:20 |Display all floors
Studying abroad can enlarge our horizons and enrich our experiences,but  the danger comes together.No matter where you go or how far you reach,back home is a must.Remember that China is always behind you.Hope everything goes well.
pass your success to the next generation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 17:38:14 |Display all floors
Jewel·Blue Post time: 2012-1-19 16:52
I can't see the video.

"Edited" video here: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzQzNzMjky.html
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 19:59:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wowzers at 2012-1-19 20:48

From the video link above:

**BREAKING NEWS*** ***READ BELOW FOR FULL STORY!!!***

Amy Holly Feng took part in the attack, per news report.

"Contrary to initial reports that the girl shot the video, McCarthy said Wednesday afternoon that it was not a female behind the camera. He said the girl took part in the attack itself. "

"Police said the attack was an act of retaliation over a previous dispute involving the attackers and the victim last October. "

Wentworth Area Detective Division Cmdr. Patricia Walsh said the previous altercation was no more than a typical teenage dispute that turned violent.

"From our investigation, it just basically involved teenage bickering. There's nothing substantial to the disagreement or the altercation. ... It was a physical altercation as a result of teenage disputes," Walsh said. "This was a group of high school kids who ... didn't know how to manage anger, frustrations. It was just general, ongoing teenage disputes that escalated and escalated to a physical altercation in October and a subsequent altercation this past week."
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 20:03:34 |Display all floors
I think the racist language doesn't actually have racist roots. Kids will attack other kids based on their most prominent feature or characteristic that defines them as different from the rest of the group.

Nose slightly larger than normal? You will get picked on for that. A stutter? Over weight, different race, strange hair? It doesn't matter they will go for that.

Kids just need a reason to hate and the victim's most obvious characteristic was racial hence the racial slurs.

But I'm open to other interpretations.
Serve the Emperor!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 20:27:57 |Display all floors
Jewel·Blue Post time: 2012-1-19 16:53
That's terrible.I don't dare to go to America

Let's put 2 and 2 together... the same government that has kept you from viewing YouTube, is also the same government that is reporting on this story.

The "I dare not go to America" phrase I have seen a million times on BBS like this in China.  The simple fact is that there is no more or no less violence in the US as there is in China.

The only difference is, western news reports it.  It's like the whole gun violence in American schools Vs. the school stabbings in China.  

34 years of living in the states, I never once saw this type of beating done to someone (obviously it happens), 10 years living in China... I was once a victim of similar action.  (Not saying it is worse... I'm saying it is no better.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 20:30:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by kaier69 at 2012-1-19 20:34

Sorry for the multiple post, the update time of the site is a little slow tonight.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.