Author: aziz

China's cultural front against the West   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-1-19 17:13:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by aziz at 2012-1-19 17:14

The European rennaissance held based on Arab and persian knowledge.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 17:18:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by correction at 2012-1-19 17:21
aziz Post time: 2012-1-19 17:13
The European rennaissance held based on Arab and persian knowledge.

Evidence shows that it was actually based on transfer of Chinese knowledge.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-1-19 17:37:41 |Display all floors
Well this topics must not discussed here in order to keep our ongoing discussion steady.Create a thread separetely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 18:39:23 |Display all floors
Ai Weiwei is productive, see for example his area of hand painted seeds.
‘As you sow so shall you reap.’ Pity they are stones. Is this the message?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 18:50:39 |Display all floors
Ai Weiwei is productive, see for example his area of hand painted seeds.
‘As you sow so shall you reap.’ Pity they are stones. Is this the message?

This is a very important notion. Chinese culture reach alot in ancient times, but modern Chinese culture nearly doesn't exist - there are very few artists and intellectuals and most of them are in troubles with the government.
I do not share Ai's political fews, but I do respect his right to express it - and I do admire his art work. He's one of the few Chinese artists who really make people feel something.
That's why I believe China doesn't need more focus on what has been - it needs to focus on what could be. China needs more Ai Weiweis, not more legends and stories from the past.

One example that especially dazzled me are Ai's sunflower seeds. He let many cheap Chinese workers bake and paint millions of sun flower seed stones and brought them to London, where people played with them a little and then moved on. No one noticed how much the Chinese workers sweated and worked for this short time pleasure.
This showed so much the current imbalances in the world, where some people need ro work hard to survive while others just have a little fun with their work and move on. A modern form of slavery.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 18:53:32 |Display all floors
I like it how meaning can be found in anything, rather than calling the "artist" out for wasting thousands of man hours on nothing.
Serve the Emperor!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 19:47:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by questioner at 2012-1-19 19:54
aziz Post time: 2012-1-19 16:16
This is true that an economic crisis is on the way to Asia,specially China target.The west capitalis ...

Aziz wrote: "You didnot mention a word about western power who comes thousand KM away to deliver its dead baby named democracy to others land."

If you are corrent then S Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong and now even Myanmar will soon throw off the yolk of evil democracy and embrace authoritarianism, totalitarianism and fascism. If I am right - that genuine democracy is the most healthy expression of mature populations - then democracy will continue to flourish in these places, and even develop and expand.

Of course you could embelish your argument by referring to democratic countries which have willingly reverted to totalitarianism. Where in the world have people risen to risen to throw off democracy?

I will simply mention that all the places mentioned above chose democracy over their former feudal, fascist, colonial and authoritarian systems. The chinese goverment adopted the materialism of the west - its own fault, not the west's - and rejected democracy, free speech, independent legal systems, religious expression etc - again not the West's fault. If you copy the worst habits of another and fail to follow his wise and humane habits, you cannot blame the other man. Blame yourself..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.