Author: timbatu

Gary Locke Accuses China of Bad Human Rights   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-20 14:22:05 |Display all floors

RE: Gary Locke Accuses China of Bad Human Rights

lebeast Post time: 2012-2-1 13:48
let's face it, Chinese and Americans just love Gary
let's face it, Chinese and Americans just love Gary

True, just as the Chinese would also love to watch David Copperfield performing his magic!     One would like to ask: What would David Copperfield be when his magic is exposed?
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-21 13:48:43 |Display all floors
gary wouldnt have been offered a job if there was any doubt that he couldnt play ball, (in other words, thorougly corrupt). the same can be said about any position of power in the usa, canada, australia, and europe. i dont know why anyone is surprised that gary is representing imperialist interests. people give the west way too much credibility. if an "official" from usa, canada, australia, or europe ever acted honorably, then i think that would warrant a discussion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-21 13:58:19 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-1-19 20:32
Human rights in China and the West - an old pain.

I believe it is rather unfair to compare western  ...

i think human rights in the west is way worse. i have seen western cops use violence, and agresion on more ocasions. ive talked to minorities in both countries, and there is no doubt the minorities in western countries are more discontent. one example is that if youre a minority and comit a crime in China, you will be given leniancy, whereas if you comit a crime in the west, and you are black, muslim, hispanic, or Chinese, then you are given heavier penalties. i dont think you can even make a comparison between the usa and China when it comes to human rights, especially given what the usa is doing in Iraq, Afganistan, etc. i dont think China would ever dare to do an abu ghraib or host a guantanamo bay anywhere in the world. the usa openly has black sites throughout the world, most notably in thailand. i also do not think that China is less socially or politically developed than the west. at least i dont see so many drunken partiers starting fights in China. i also dont see the need for metal detectors in Chinese schools. China was once very socially sophisticated, and i think the invasion of western culture is what has taken China socially backwards 50000 yrs. Chinese people used to care about each other, trust each other, but now with the westernisation path, all of that is gone. the more people care about bmw's and iphones, the more socially backward people will become. China was once a very politically sophisticated country that has become depoliticised. but there can be advantages to this. since China is a largely apolitical society, they get more things done. compare this to america where 2 parties cant agree on anything except fascism, and they have a govt shutdown.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.