Author: timbatu

Gary Locke Accuses China of Bad Human Rights   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-19 00:19:38 |Display all floors
but the US Chinese Exclusion Act lasted 200 years.

Where did you go to school for math?

Anyways, why did YOUR family move to the US?

Why aren't they still in China?

What led them here?

This is not a contest of good vs. evil.

I'm just saying for people in general - the more love they have for their country, the less likely they are to move their families out.

Unless of course we are talking about war refugees as the case with my family.

So my point is, those that come here might not have the best view of china to start with right?

Otherwise, why would they leave?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 00:21:55 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-1-19 00:19

When people like you say the USA is for whites, you alienate all minorities including all Chinese.

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 00:25:22 |Display all floors
And when did I ever say that?

If anything I've argued for USA for native americans or do you have a terminally short memory?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 04:21:57 |Display all floors
i first thought hes a white man judging by his name. i guess he is.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 12:33:02 |Display all floors
If Gary Locke or his family walk in the streets of USA , he will be attacked for looking like a foreigner.

So he comes to China to insult us???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 12:46:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by CVHuan at 2012-1-18 22:46

He's trying to steer China with his "soft power charm" towards American ideals.
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 12:57:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by aa@edward at 2012-1-19 13:37
JFenix Post time: 2012-1-19 00:19

1. So my point is, those that come here might not have the best view of china to start with right?

2. Otherwise, why would they leave?  
Copy code
Oh yes, #30 tim.. & #31 JF.. had gone into meaningful discussions. I picked those questions above to chip in my opinions:

Firstly, Chinese who left China for the USA on various reasons are related to timing of events of conflicts within like those civil wars in China between old_CKS_KMT and CPC; and hence many of those Chinese abroad stuck therein were the outcomes of the frantic exodus out of Taiwan island, Hong Kong, Macau and mainland China.

Secondly, in support of the old_CKS_KMT, clandestine groups splintered into units attempting to return to the mainland for whatever reasons are also stuck abroad. Then, you would have noticed, if you are residing abroad, those unfaithful and disloyal mainlanders (officials and children) who were sent abroad to study the English lingo but did not go home.

Even to-date, anyone who has stayed in China long enough would have had earful of whispers from various sources of learnt or highly educated Chinese families (* discounting those black listed illegal entries *) wanting to immigrate abroad despite of paying high prices for any attempt.  In this regard, the display of ingratitude by Chinese citizens, if not already branded as corrupt officials and business people, is a Chinese setback.

That is, western nations are winning the psychological propaganda warfare that China needs to pay serious attention to it; however, with >1.35 billion living Chinese in China alone, the task of herding all happily together under one roof is a never ending task. Hence, it is entirely up to local Chinese to play their own parts for their own China if they prefer China to be strong, stable and prosperous; else ..’OMG’.. knows better how shameful can Chinese people be in the eyes and noses of racially orientated westerners.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.