Author: timbatu

Gary Locke Accuses China of Bad Human Rights   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-18 07:27:04 |Display all floors
He said he wants to be Irish. His wife is Irish. He told me that the family of his wife invited him to dinner and asked how much they could pay him to leave her alone.

Families can be funny about inter-racial relationships.

I was never even invited to dinner.  When I dated a chinese guy, he hid me for four years from his family because they would not approve of him dating anyone other than a chinese girl.

I can't comment on why he wants to be irish.  I guess he likes the culture.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 07:40:34 |Display all floors
I believe it.

I know women who have been disowned by their families.  It happens.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-18 10:19:55 |Display all floors
Human rights huh...
------------
Among his spending-reduction proposals were laying off thousands of state employees;
reducing health coverage; freezing most state employees' pay; and cutting funding for
nursing homes and programs for the developmentally disabled. In his final budget,
Locke suspended two voter-passed, pro-school initiatives and cut state education funding.
-------------
Health care, education aren't big on his human rights agenda I see.
He's a Baptist too so I supposed it's more important to be a good Jesus boy.
I'd be wary of this guy China.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 10:24:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by CVHuan at 2012-1-17 20:25

Locke loves the western ideals too much. ^^ He even adopted American hypocrisy.
Put out your right arm, hold back your left arm... <(=^.^=);

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 10:29:27 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-1-18 12:19
Human rights huh...
------------
Among his spending-reduction proposals were laying off thousands of ...

I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 10:48:30 |Display all floors
Why care so much about him? We all know that the usanians always like to send "exotic" birds to represent them.....this is how it goes "What can we do with this clown here Barack?" "Mmmm...let me think, Florida is too hot to handle, Nevada will freeze his nuts.....hey, what's this here called Beijing Joe?" "that's the capital of China Sir" "I didn't know we already owned China, how come I wasn't informed of that Joe" "We don't own Sir, we have an embassy there" "Oh, I see, can we send him there?" "Ahh....yeah, we could. Actually his forefathers left that country to come to US in 1880s" "See? that's perfect, everything goes back to the origins Joe. I don't mean I should go back to Africa though" "Yeah, I got it Sir, then it will be Beijing, right? Shall I inform the "bad guys" to give him the normal course on China Bashing and idiocy with the kind smile Sir?" "Sure, we wouldn't want those guys there to think we really want to split their country. Let them think we are there ina goodwill mission" "Very well Sir."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-18 10:48:56 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-18 08:20
You warned the wrong public about the wrong problem, old sport.

Methinks Mr Locke is in the MOST  ...

The Charlie Rose questions are all setups. Locke will never allow an interview by me. I will ask in his face Guantanamo and NDAA 2012.

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.