Author: Revolutionar

Taiwan wins no reunification.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-17 12:54:04 |Display all floors
"Taiwan is part of China, it was and it will always be."

another of those preposterous political slogans.
the fact of the matter is that people in that island see themselves as Chinese but not as part of the political organisation known as China.

as democracy matures in Taiwan and as authoritarianism is defeated in Taiwan,
the whole idea about re unification is less and less attractive by the day.
that is being realistic.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-17 13:03:48 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-1-17 12:54
"Taiwan is part of China, it was and it will always be."

Considering your opinions as realisitic is a true blow to human thinking; but let's give you a bit of space in this.

As a matter of fact, if you were anywhere close to either the political or economical world, you would know that the trend is "precisely" towards stronger ties leading to a reunification. But of course, you wouldn't know how to recognize that even if it stood tall like a mountain in fron of you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-17 13:03:56 |Display all floors
questioner Post time: 2012-1-17 11:04
Since support for unification currently stands at 12% of the Taiwanese population, how do you expe ...

Do  you know how many mainlander support reunification? Almost 100% percent.  We have patient, we can wait. Fifty years, or one hundred years, never matter.

Split the motherland?  never be a choice. You don't konw how serious problem it is to we Chinese , maybe the taiwan separatists have not realized that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-17 13:08:02 |Display all floors
CVHuan Post time: 2012-1-17 12:45
Military force is always on the table for Beijing. ^^  Don't get too comfortable with your "cozy" se ...

on China - Taiwan relationship :

the party that can milk the beast that is China while maintaining status quo will have the people's support.

everybody knows it but no one will admit it.

and the queen bees in Beijing have even less incentive to go to war with Taiwan because they want to milk the cross border investments too.

I milk you and you milk me, who needs  re unification any way?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-17 13:36:57 |Display all floors
voice_cd Post time: 2012-1-17 13:03
Do  you know how many mainlander support reunification? Almost 100% percent.  We have patient, we  ...

no one doubts big ugly China covets after tiny Taiwan.

we just want to know what is the risk the big ugly beast stop being pragmatic and start acting on beastly instincts?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-17 13:43:30 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2012-1-17 13:03
Considering your opinions as realisitic is a true blow to human thinking; but let's give you a bit ...

I know there is a strong under current of articles from America and other analysts about the inevitability of the reunification.

But judging from the impressive recovery of DPP and the fact of the matter of democracy being so entrenched , the reality suggest the opposite.

that is the nature of this thread. The true meaning of the recent elections in Taiwan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-17 13:50:01 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-1-17 13:36
no one doubts big ugly China covets after tiny Taiwan.

What's wrong with you? If China is so ugly to you, go back to your own country. It's none of your business.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.