Author: timbatu

Suicide of 19-year-old Chinese American soldier in Afghanistan   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-24 22:02:15 |Display all floors
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — The first of eight court-martial trials was set to begin Tuesday for U.S. soldiers accused of hazing a Chinese-American recruit over his ethnicity until he killed himself in Afghanistan.
Sgt. Adam Holcomb of Youngstown, Ohio, will be the first of eight men to go before a military court in Fort Bragg. Young faces a slew of charges, the most serious of which is negligent homicide, and could get only 18 years in prison if convicted on all counts. His case was set to start around 1 p.m. after the judge delayed the original morning start time, without giving a reason, court spokesman Thom McCollum said.

Military officials say 19-year-old Danny Chen shot himself last year in Afghanistan after weeks of emotional and physical abuse. According to court documents, Chen was kicked, dragged from his tent and had sandbags tied to his arms.

He was called racial slurs and forced to speak to his fellow soldiers in Chinese, according to his family, with whom he shared details of his ordeal. For months, beginning during training, soldiers in his platoon peppered him with racial insults such as "Jackie Chen" and "Dragon Lady," his family said. On the day he died, they say he was forced to crawl about 100 yards across gravel carrying his equipment while his fellow soldiers threw rocks at him.

He had been deployed for two months when he was found dead in a guardhouse.

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-24 22:11:45 |Display all floors
I'll guess he did nothing but whine and complain about his treatment and of being persecuted.
(sound familiar Timmy?)
So some kind soul helped put an end to his misery.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-24 22:17:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by timbatu at 2012-7-24 22:18
jay_dee Post time: 2012-7-24 22:11
I'll guess he (Daniel Chen) did nothing but whine and complain about his treatment and of being persecuted.
(sound familiar Timmy?)
So some kind soul helped put an end to his misery.

Jay Dee, you are such a cruel hater. Unfortunately, this is the mindset of most US Christian.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-24 22:25:27 |Display all floors
I'm not a hater
I PAY CHINESE TAXES
US FEDERAL TAXES
STATE TAXES
COUNTY TAXES
PROPERTY TAXES
SCHOOL TAXES
and why is this???
BECAUSE I HAVE A JOB !!!
YOU PAY NOTHING TO ANYONE BUT STILL COMPLAIN

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-24 22:27:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by timbatu at 2012-7-24 22:28
jay_dee Post time: 2012-7-24 22:25
I'm not a hater
I PAY CHINESE TAXES
US FEDERAL TAXES

Jay Dee, just rescind your US citizenship and join Chinese citizenship. You will pay almost no tax after that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 06:38:20 |Display all floors
CVHuan Post time: 2012-1-17 05:10
Will it turn out to be racial blackmail within the military as the cause or is it just the stress of ...

Why didn't he take his gun out and shoot the fokers in the @ss?

That would have solved the problem!

Blacks and Asians need to stand up to the bullying Anglo thugs.
Diane Abbot (British MP): Anglos love playing divide and rule
David Cameron (British PM): Anglos caused most of the world's problems!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 09:39:03 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-7-24 22:27
Jay Dee, just rescind your US citizenship and join Chinese citizenship. You will pay almost no tax  ...

Because in China I would always be a laowai, which is almost as bad as you being Chinanian in the US.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.