- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 112 Hour
- Reading permission
Lin Fung Temple, together with A-Ma Temple and Kun lam Temple are the three most famous temples in Macau. Lin Fung Temple was built during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and originally named Tianfei Temple. The building's current architectural design is the result of several reconstructions undertaken from the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911).|
The entire complex is comprised of a cluster of palaces. Tianhou Palace, which is in the center of the complex, is dedicated to Kwan-yin. The Emperor Wu Palace is located to the left and Renshou Palace (the Palace of Benevolence and Longevity) is located to the right of Tianhou Palace. Yiling Palace, Shennong Palace, Juyong Palace, and Doumu Palace are also parts of the complex.
In front of Lin Fung Temple is a spacious square surrounded by stone enclosures. Ancient trees with thick leaves grow in the square. Behind the temple there is a small ornamental garden with pavilions, flowers and grass. In addition, in the temple itself there is a lotus pond. During summer, the pond flourishes with green leaves and fragrant flowers. Behind the lotus pond is a screen decorated with writhing dragons and giant cyprinoids.
Lin Fung Temple is of visiting value also because of the national hero, Lin Zexu (1785-1850) and other Chinese mandarins' arrivals. In 1839, Lin Zexu stayed in the temple and interviewed the officials of Portugal and Macau. It was here where he prohibited the trade of opium completely. In commemoration, there is a stone statue of Lin Zexu which stands three meters height (about ten feet). In November 1997, the Memorial Hall of Lin Zexu was established next to Tianhou Palace to praise his bravery and nobility.