Author: timbatu

Mass US sterilization of minorities until 1985 - American History Series [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-12 14:42:35 |Display all floors
I've caught you out again, timbatu
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-12 15:11:37 |Display all floors
SpaceAlien Post time: 2012-1-12 14:21
Chinese have high raw IQ power, but don't seem to have the ability to use their high IQ in innovati ...

You probably do not know, a Chinese mathematician found Pi to be 3.1415926 centuries before Europe, for one example. What you see is the result of the last Chinese Dynasty - the Ching. It was a minority led dynasty and it was against science. This was why China was left behind in the last several hundreds of years.

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-12 15:22:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SpaceAlien at 2012-1-12 15:26
timbatu Post time: 2012-1-12 15:11
You probably do not know, a Chinese mathematician found Pi to be 3.1415926 centuries before Europe ...

Interesting: I hope you are right that it's just culture.  But, for argument's sake, let us say that there was a genetic weakness.  In my humble opinion, there is no shame in admitting this, if it was true; rather, I think the shame would be in not trying to improve the problem.  To improve, one must first acknowledge a problem.  The status of an individual, people, and nation is relative: if the only people in the world were Chinese and Africans, then Chinese would be considered geniuses.  But let's say a highly advanced people were discovered on Europa, a moon of Jupiter.  Then in this case, all humans would be considered very unintelligent in comparison.  So, I think the honor comes in the desire to improve without end, not in denying ones relative rank in a hierarchy of known peoples.  But again, this is just for argument's sake: you may very well be correct that it is simply a cultural problem.  But, even if Chinese were just as innovative and inquisitive as the few white geniuses like Isaac Newton, one can still become better: one can become better, then better, then better: there is no limit. The process of improving is what gives us purpose and meaning: we strive for continual improvement, for it's the gradual increase in intelligence and consciousness that gives meaning to our lives.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-12 15:24:45 |Display all floors
SpaceAlien Post time: 2012-1-12 15:22
Interesting: I hope you are right that it's just culture.  But, for argument's sake, let us say tha ...

I am not sure where you come from. What is your home country?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-12 15:31:03 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-1-12 15:24
I am not sure where you come from. What is your home country?

Respectfully, I try not to say, because I like people to try to consider the validity of the words, regardless of the background of the person.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 00:29:49 |Display all floors
Lebeast, are you not ashamed by such an act of racism?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-23 15:02:41 |Display all floors
It is shocking to see Australian/US racist Lebeast defending the shocking US policy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.