Author: freetofly

What your opinion about Chinglish?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-10 10:13:42 |Display all floors
Dear freetofly
Thank you for contributing the thread" Interesting Chinglish".  The reason we moved it to Language learning section was that we thought it would fit better in Language section.

But if we talk about it from the perspective of cultural phenomenon, you're right. We'll move it back to China Watch.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

voice_cd

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 21:19:17 |Display all floors
whampoa Post time: 2012-1-9 22:54
I think I briefly saw the thread.  I agree with you that it should stay in CHINA WATCH.

Moving to  ...

Thank you so much for your favorable comments.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 21:22:17 |Display all floors
voice_cd Post time: 2012-1-10 10:13
Dear freetofly
Thank you for contributing the thread" Interesting Chinglish".  The reason we moved  ...

Dear voice_cd,

Your quick response and action is greatly appreciated.

I noticed that in CD forum, Chinglish was frequently mentioned during debations between non-native speakers and native ones. I posted the thread "Interesting Chinglish" for two purposes: 1 To encourage non-native English speakers  2 To make some fun. Actually the tasks have been accomplished.

This forum is more and more attractive. Thank you for your hard work!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 21:24:08 |Display all floors
freetofly Post time: 2012-1-10 21:22
Dear voice_cd,

Your quick response and action is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for supporting us

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 21:24:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-10 11:37
It is a "phenomenon", indeed.

It should be viewed critically and open-mindedly; it should not be b ...

Thank you for your serious response.

Behind the competition of language, there is a competition of culture. “surpass foreigners by learning from them” (师夷之长以制夷) 。The purpose of learning English is to improve Chinese, not to take the place of it. This is my selfish thinking.

Your arrogance surprised me. How can you be so sure to tell me how MY teachers treated ME? What your wife experienced couldn’t be magnified to all Chinese. My teachers were strict with me, but in a kinder way. What you said is so NOT true. I am not interested in debating with you about it.

I never mind your being critical to me. I can take it. Actually I’d like to thank you because I did learn something from you. Also I noticed that you were always patient with other members as long as you have a chance to be a little superior. Your advice can be useful sometimes.  He he

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 21:52:15 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-10 11:37
It is a "phenomenon", indeed.

It should be viewed critically and open-mindedly; it should not be b ...
  1. Can you imagine a Chinese mastering English in the time it took Da Shan to master his Mandarin?
Copy code
Snakey, Da Shan still occasionally make mistakes when speaking Chinese and still has some accent even if he has been here mingling with Chinese people for over 20 years, learned cross-talk and has a Chinese wife.

But it doesn't make us like him, or any other foreigners who can not speak perfect Chinese language less.

Snakey you really need to get a life, or some help.    

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 22:02:46 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.