Author: timbatu

A Mirror: US Cultural History in Images   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-7 01:30:58 |Display all floors
I mean, why bring up the chinese exclusion act and have no sensitivity as to why it was in place to begin with.

The chinese were not the worst victims here.

And too, people don't realize just how recent some of the indians lost their land.

There is this belief that it was all over 400 years ago.  So not true.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 01:44:09 |Display all floors
The Native American population has been eliminated for 200 years now.

You are saying they are eliminated now?

Have you notified them of that yet?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 01:47:16 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-1-7 01:28
My threads make people think. Some will realize the problem of the United States. This enlightenme ...

Do you really believe that people don't know about the stuff you publish...? You are definitively american to imagine enlightening others with your posts.
Here is a fact... you guys have one of the lowest level of general knowledge.
The only result you'll get is conforting the real Chinese in their hate of the US.
"Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world." [Napoleon Bonaparte about China]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 02:22:29 |Display all floors
TrollMasta Post time: 2012-1-7 01:30
No person had any special right to be in the US. Every human is a migrant from Africa if you go back ...

Identity, territorial belonging, territorial expansion, confrontation, cultural influence, domination... so many principles which are all part of human behaviour and lead to armed conflicts, racism....
Admit it or not, it has been and is still present at different levels all over the world.
All countries did build themself up through internal and external conflicts.
For a country like the US, people shouldn't be threaten using some dark times of the past but everybody should focus on improving the futur. This is a new country... a kind of guinea pig of the new world. Of course mistakes have been done... it's done. But as a new country, it's still time to make it right, allowing any citizen to feel like home.
"Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world." [Napoleon Bonaparte about China]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 02:24:31 |Display all floors

I am still married legally to a chippwa native.   We'e been separated for more than ten years but still keep in touch.  I talk to him maybe once a month or so.  And then I had a relationship with an ojibwe guy for the past seven years.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 02:28:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 02:39:34 |Display all floors
timbatu,.

The indian removal act wasn't put into place until 1830.  

All the indians from the east were forced to relocate west during the trail of tears.

They were actually promised a great deal of land at first -everything past the Mississippi river.

I recommend you watching 'How the West was Lost'.  

You'll realize just how recent some of this stuff was.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.