Author: aki1

Juvenile Female Prisoners' daily lives in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-21 22:47:27 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2011-12-21 21:59
That is a lot of questions  ........

And all of them very difficult to answer without the facts   ...

I am making the assumption that the answers may differ by region and dependent on the resources available in any region. I have been to the Plan International site but the answers do not say much. There is a reintegration problem they say. But, they do not get into what is being done and if that is a reintegration problem with families or on the job market. The problems are the same: poverty and lack of education.   

I recently read that the juvenile justice system in China was being reformed but I do not know if that has already happened and if it is going to change and what the reaction is.

Sometimes, prison is the most stability that any kid gets.  This is very sad but it can be very true.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-21 22:50:55 |Display all floors
Adamina Post time: 2011-12-21 22:47
I am making the assumption that the answers may differ by region and dependent on the resources av ...

Is is indeed a horrible thing when people even get to that stage  .........

But such is the world we live in .......

And I for one have no feelings for those who would trade in drugs and ruin the lives of others in the first place .......  
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-21 22:59:08 |Display all floors
Not everyone in there could possibly be there for trading in drugs. From what is on this page, it seems as if they are not locked up for life. This means that they will leave at some point.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-21 23:04:58 |Display all floors
Adamina Post time: 2011-12-21 22:59
Not everyone in there could possibly be there for trading in drugs. From what is on this page, it se ...

That's true  ..........

I was thinking about some documentaries I watched about rehab jails in Guangdong when I lived down there  .........   
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.