Author: cindy1225

Stop worshiping foreign brands   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-23 01:50:35 |Display all floors
Wish you have a big bargain in TaoBao.

Yea, Tabao is cool, but kinda risky... it often happens that the money on taobao account gets stolen (and I know several people whom this happend to), so I don't really trust that platform.

Anyway, I'm not a consumption and bragain enthusiast and rather spend time working than shopping or looking for cheap things. And daily life in China is so cheap that I  hardly ever manage to use my budget up when I'm there, so I'm not really price sensitive...

What I still couldn't figure out so far: Why is cheap food in China often better than expensive food?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-23 04:23:53 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-23 05:31:20 |Display all floors
Keep in mind that in the United States, it is legally permissible for companies to pay money to politicians in order to let them sell dangerous and fraudulent  products to citizens.  For example, virtually all American pharmaceutical products don't work and in fact harm you, but the companies pay millions to Congressmen so that they will allow the products to be sold.  And most other American products are poor quality and break right away because the companies place more emphasis on profit margins and purposely put cheap poor quality parts in the products and then pay money to Congressmen so that they will let the junk products be sold to citizens.  If China wants to be successful, they need to invest in their own brands and over time, their own brands will improve.  The public should be willing to sacrifice a little so that in the long run, their brands will get better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-23 17:06:22 |Display all floors
{chuckle} Was wondering when the party was going to be over - given the number of twits that I still hear talking about 'opening new markets' in China, India, etc.  I just shake my head, watching the IP get Hoovered out, while the same people begin to realize what a 51/49 stake really means.  Please, let the walls come up hard, fast, and heavy - so all the twits can finally realize that foreign investment is another term for 'snake eyes'.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-23 17:37:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2011-12-23 17:07
This is the most stunning claim I have ever read here safe for the uncountable stupidities that ar ...

"I put it to you that if no U.S. American drug was working, China would have zero drugs to sell to its own patients".

I hope the day will come, that China "have zero U.S. American" drugs to sell to its own patients.
By then, the people of China truly have awakened.
Just read up on 'GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)' and the Finland disaster. The Fin's will pay  for them poor kids for life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-23 17:44:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2011-12-23 17:09
There is as yet not a single Chinese-developed consumer product that is both better and cheaper th ...

from now on, I'll call you GOD house speaker.
Because ONLY God would be so knowable and I'll treat you with respect.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-23 18:02:06 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2011-12-23 01:50
Yea, Tabao is cool, but kinda risky... it often happens that the money on taobao account gets stol ...

whats risky is ebay. take a look at paypalsucks.com to see all the testimony from the people ripped off by paypal. other western websites are similar. with ebay, you dont even need others to steal your account coz ebay will help themselves to your account
看我的

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.