Author: cindy1225

Stop worshiping foreign brands   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-19 15:54:27 |Display all floors
Siemens sparks refrigerator rage
7.jpg

On Nov. 20, an influential Chinese blogger and his supporters engaged in a consumer rights protest in front of Siemens' Beijing headquarters by smashing refrigerators with hammers.
On Nov. 20, an influential Chinese blogger and his supporters engaged in a consumer rights protest in front of Siemens' Beijing headquarters by smashing refrigerators with hammers.

Luo Yonghao, the lead smasher, said on his microblog that he was having trouble closing the door of the Siemens fridge he had bought. Luo's comments gave rise to a heated online discussion as other consumers reported the same problem with their Siemens fridges. He claimed that Siemens had refused to admit that some of their products had faults and that they had ignored consumer complaints.

Siemens China president Roland Gerke, in a statement on the company website, later apologized to customers for problems recently encountered with a number of Siemens refrigerator doors and promised to resolve the matter through a free visiting repair service.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-19 15:56:05 |Display all floors
Gaopeng's fake watch scandal
8.jpg

Gaopeng is a joint venture between the world's largest daily deal site Groupon and China's top internet firm Tencent Holdings.
Gaopeng, a joint venture between the world's largest daily deal site Groupon and China's top internet firm Tencent Holdings sold customers Tissot watches on its website for 690 yuan ($109). The luxury Swiss watches have an original retail price of more than 3,000 yuan ($500) and customers who received the watches from Gaopeng concluded that they were counterfeit after finding them to be of poor quality.

"After an investigation into the Tissot watch incident, Gaopeng found the merchant...had given us fake agent qualification documents," Gaopeng said in a statement.

Li Peixuan, a lawyer at Beijing Huijing Law Firm, commented that Tissot could also instigate legal proceedings to sue Gaopeng and its suppliers for compensation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-19 17:20:43 |Display all floors
To support our home-made brands!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-21 19:29:21 |Display all floors
everytime you buy a foreign brand, you are digging your own grave. where do you think that money goes? to western intelligence and to groups like the ned to fund destabilisation movements in xin jiang, xi zhang, tai wan, hk, myanmar and beyond。 when you buy foreign brands, you're also putting your fellow Chinese out of business. the stronger the Chinese manufacturing base, the more independent China can become. look at hong kong and taiwan. do you think they would last a minute if foreigners decided to cut them off? they are completely helpless, and vulnerable. China will be this way also if you continue to buy foreign。China will be this way also if you continue to buy foreign buying foreign anything can lead to disasters. this includes not only audis, iphones  and hondas, but also australian beef, and norwegian salmon。 they use the profits to fund their military industrial complex, which will ultimately be used on China if their oligarchs had their way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-22 12:16:15 |Display all floors
Chase after value or after brands ?
Whose @$$ can i blow sunshine up today ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-22 17:15:02 |Display all floors
I also often buy foreign brands in China because I trust quality. I know that there also might be incidents if I buy a foreign product, but the possibility is much smaller than if I buy a Chinese one. I also know that there is a lot of propaganda going on to foster the growth of Chinese brands, but people in China generally know that too and don't fall for it.
So far, I've often been cheated if I bought a Chinese product but I always got what I wanted when I bought a foreign product in China.

But I am from a small country, so most products I buy in my daily life are foreign anyway and I don't mind that. Only buing the own nation's product, even if it is worse, to "help the own economy" is farmer's thinking. Actually, you help the own economy if you buy the best product with no regard where it is from, because then national producers are forced to also develop high quality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-22 20:51:14 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2011-12-22 17:15
I also often buy foreign brands in China because I trust quality. I know that there also might be in ...

I have to agree with you because there are many fake products with poor quality in China.

However, there are also many fake products with very good quality as well as cheap price in China.

If you can read Chinese, you can find whatever you want in TaoBao.com with good quality and cheap price by just buying the best-sold products or choosing the top-rated dealers.

Wish you have a big bargain in TaoBao.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.